forum

Low Bitrate Awareness Day: Post your offenders!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cyclohexane
I didn't check (no PC atm) but I'm sure I have a shitton of offenders back in the time when I YouTube ripped Guitar Hero videos and slammed them in my iPod. Maybe I shouldn't admit that, but I did.
Also points for style for listening to An Endless Sporadic, Jarby
Kanye West
My music is on a diff hard drive back at home. I use mostly Spotify and youtube playlists now
silmarilen
i have a couple of 64 kb/s songs :D
Mr Gaddy

:V
too lazy to tag them all
dNextGen

afx 128kbps sup
Shiro
Topic Starter
Jarby
Is that how Winamp categorizes MIDI or something?
Shiro

Jarby wrote:

Is that how Winamp categorizes MIDI or something?
I don't know. I have a lot of songs that don't even have a bitrate.
Yuzeyun
Most of the songs I have are either my compositions or Ratchet & Clank songs, and they are at least 128

I still have a folder with unsorted stuff tho, might check
Mianki

iTunes oh shi
D33d

The top ones are the result of notating the base pairs of the DNA of different viruses, with a 'D' being used for 'U'. As for that Michael Jackson stuff, that was my brother being an assclown with his own music collection. Having said that, I ripped the same music in 128kbps, so I'm going to have a lot of re-encoding to do.

DEEDIT: Agreed with Jarby about Shiirn. You're a BAT now; act like it.
Yuzeyun

That sort of low bitrate totally glitches up the time of the song. (Also Cyber Sparks is unknown lol)
ragelewa came originally from my HD called RAGE and I went f off I'm gonna finnish it
Kitsunemimi
...If we exclude my select osu! song repository...

Guh, random game OST songs and others that I downloaded from years back.

Here's the other end of the spectrum. :/

lolwmp
Valentiino

Damn you renard
Ekaru
I don't have a collection, but I did upload a few maps with 64 kbps, so it's either that or 32 kbps.
ychao

ampzz wrote:

Nothing under 320kbps for .mp3 files and the rest is .flac or .wav lossless music.
Quality whore signing off.
x2
RandomJibberish
I have 109 192kbps songs and that's as low as it gets.

I also have 7 songs which are apparently over 3000 kbps lolimsuchamacfagistoremusicinapplelossless
Kitsunemimi
You know, uncompressed stereo .wavs @ 44100 Hz can only be 1411 kbps.
Valentiino

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Why use .wav, when you have .flac? õ_o
Topic Starter
Jarby

Valentiino wrote:

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Why use .wav, when you have .flac? õ_o
.wav has much greater universal support for one. Of course, this is irrelevant if you're just listening to songs on one device. Also, Kitsune, you're silly because ALAC isn't wav.
Crakila
I win -

Topic Starter
Jarby
Dear god, how did you even get the Final Fantasy X-2 OST at 32kbps?
Kitsunemimi

Jarby wrote:

.wav has much greater universal support for one. Of course, this is irrelevant if you're just listening to songs on one device. Also, Kitsune, you're silly because ALAC isn't wav.
Yeah, I kinda know that, but I was kinda trying to say that anything bigger and fatter than .wav seems pretty pointless unless you have like the best sound card + sound system ever.

.... Of course I wouldn't actually know what it's like because I definitely don't have those... but like... you know >_>
Topic Starter
Jarby

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Jarby wrote:

Yeah, I kinda know that, but I was kinda trying to say that anything bigger and fatter than .wav seems pretty pointless unless you have like the best sound card + sound system ever.

.... Of course I wouldn't actually know what it's like because I definitely don't have those... but like... you know >_>
Considering how the audible frequency range of human ears is compatible with that of a CD, I doubt anything listened to of a technically higher quality would be perceivable. I'm no expert though.
Kitsunemimi
Hooray for redundant, extra data that is essentially inaudible to the human ear, despite being available in widely distributed music that people are proud of having take up their disk space!

.............Now what was this thread about again? :3
Topic Starter
Jarby

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Hooray for redundant, extra data that is essentially inaudible to the human ear, despite being available in widely distributed music that people are proud of having take up their disk space!

.............Now what was this thread about again? :3
No, no, CD audio (and lossless rips of such) is designed to fit into the range of human hearing. Mind you, I've never participated in a blind test with lossy and lossless files so I can only speak of this in theory. I'm sure you could find some results online. Also, this is completely relevant to bitrate awareness.
dNextGen

D33d wrote:

The top ones are the result of notating the base pairs of the DNA of different viruses, with a 'D' being used for 'U'. As for that Michael Jackson stuff, that was my brother being an assclown with his own music collection. Having said that, I ripped the same music in 128kbps, so I'm going to have a lot of re-encoding to do.

DEEDIT: Agreed with Jarby about Shiirn. You're a BAT now; act like it.

ambient black metal kinda reminds me about Burzum