forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
bmin11
Holy damn, I didn't expect this outcome. What a match it must have been for Real Madrid.

I really wish we beat AT tomorrow. I wouldn't even mind too much if we lose at the final. I just want to watch Chelsea play against Real Madrid.
Sapphiire_old_1
Banana OP
Binoo-
Real Madrid is just ridiculous.
I'm feeling Real might choke in the final though.
E14
2 seaons ago, Bayern beat Barca 7-0 on aggregate, now Bayern was beaten by Real Madrid 5-0 on aggregate. omg, the curse is crawling...
i wanna win Chelsea against Altetico and make another troll on the finals. ;)
Pasonia
-
Vish024
Bloody hell, Real have some momentum now. The league and Champions League to play for against the Atleti in both cases. Some finish for Spanish football and the city of Madrid this could be.

I really hope Atleti kick Chelsea and what'shisname in the bollocks tonight. Oh please do, I'd rather not die of boredom watching the final.
JonnyThatJonny

E s s a wrote:

2 seaons ago, Bayern beat Barca 7-0 on aggregate, now Bayern was beaten by Real Madrid 5-0 on aggregate. omg, the curse is crawling...
RIP tiki-taka. Ironic how Bayern who got so much praise in the way they destroyed barça last year, got a coach who made them develop their own tiki-taka antics and got them kicked out the same way.
hi im dragon

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Bloody hell, Real have some momentum now. The league and Champions League to play for against the Atleti in both cases. Some finish for Spanish football and the city of Madrid this could be.

I really hope Atleti kick Chelsea and what'shisname in the bollocks tonight. Oh please do, I'd rather not die of boredom watching the final.
laudrup is the best never forget
E14

JonnyThatJonny wrote:

E s s a wrote:

RIP tiki-taka. Ironic how Bayern who got so much praise in the way they destroyed barça last year, got a coach who made them develop their own tiki-taka antics and got them kicked out the same way.

Bad Luck Pep.....
Magicphoenix
Oh god.
Vish024
I think Vilanova's death had an effect on the team, especially Pep. They were completely uncharacteristic. Quite seriously though it could be worse, they are European Champions after all and haven't done badly by any means this season.

hi im dragon wrote:

LaVolpe024 wrote:

laudrup is the best never forget
Alright maal's cousin, settle down mate.
Pasonia
-
bmin11
Match just ended. Good match, but at the end, terrible result for us. I think we have grown to rely on Matic. Luiz + Ramires didn't work out and got bullied during the 2nd half. Also, I can see why there are people who want Courtois over Cech next season. Like, damn, he couldn't have made our match any harder then this.
JonnyThatJonny
Was rooting for Chelsea but Atleti completely deserved that, their attitude is incredible. Going through a tie by beating Chelsea at stamford, rare happening in recent history.

The only downside to this is a same country CL final again, bah. Will still be a great match between two Madrid clubs who deserve it.
Vish024
AUPA ATLETI. Do it for the neutrals, the purists and those who still see light in football!
bmin11
The lost wasn't so bad, but the after party on the Internet is killing me. We played similar football and ATM out played us. That should be the only thing I should be upset about.
Vish024
"I want to thank the mothers of these players because they gave birth to them with balls this big."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27235000
Tanzklaue
we'll stay in the bundesliga yay!

i kinda want hamburg to relegate.
[- Alex -]
Some Mancester United fans here? ^_^.
Leader
It's Istanbul all over again.
Binoo-
I'm not even going to laugh at Liverpool.
Just holy fuck what the shit Crystal Palace
bmin11
Just when I thought my season was over, Chelsea U18 wins the FA Youth Cup! We didn't end up trophy-less YES!

Now back to being dead until the World Cup CL Final. Go Atleti!
Vish024
I suspect Liverpool were taking lessons from us. The world cup hype is beginning to settle into me, just over a month now.
bmin11
Is Schwarzer still playing for his national team? Because he definitely should.
Vish024
Unfortunately he announced a shock retirement about 6 months ago. He helped us qualify and everyone was looking forward to him spearheading us into what would surely be his last world cup but he's hung up his international boots.

Either way it's not as if there's much ambition for us this year. With Brett Holman having retired recently and an aging squad that doesn't look quite as good as previous squads on paper as well as a, to put it mildly, tough group I doubt it'd make much of a difference. I've followed England vehemently since childhood so I'll be particularly looking forward to their fixtures.
bmin11
That's a shame, but I know what you mean. I could say the same for Park Ji-Sungs retirement. I don't expect us to do great. I just wish we would threaten other teams.
E14

Will there be another dramatic twist?
Vish024
Well the pressure now shifts to City and I hope they cock up so Liverpool can grab it.
bmin11
Man City won by 4:0. Chelsea is officially out of the title race. Now it's a two horse race with Man City on the lead with 2 points and 13 goals ahead of Liverpool.

Top 4 spots are sealed and so are relegation spots (unless Norwich somehow beats Arsenal by 24535542 goals). It's really a Liverpool/ManCity week now.
Binoo-

bmin11 wrote:

Top 4 spots are sealed and so are relegation spots (unless Norwich somehow beats Arsenal by 24535542 goals). It's really a Liverpool/ManCity week now.
The top 4 spots are sealed...
Unless Chelsea lose their next match and Arsenal win theirs 18-0 :^)
bmin11
I wouldn't even be mad if that actually happens lol

I forgot about the 6th place, which Spurs and ManU are competing for, but who cares.
E14
Premiere League Matchday 37 table is here:

If they won the title's "must be" scenario on last matchday:

Liverpool:
- must win the match and ManCity will be lost or;
- must win the match by more than 14 goals if ManCity results is draw.

ManCity:
- win the match by at least 1 goal ahead.
- or won the match by goal difference if they tied on points with liverpool
Vish024
Well we saw a spectacular finish in 2012 so anything could happen this time round.
hi im dragon
rip united
Tanzklaue
bayern - stuttgart is pretty boring. both teams are entirely content with just passing the ball to each other.
Tanzklaue
2 minutes additional time which weren't needed in this eventless game.

literally 91:40.

one lucky 20 meter shot.

1-0 for bayern.

what a fitting end for this horrible season.
Vish024
Hamburg got lucky, they still have that play off though. I just wish Leverkusen would win something for once, they seem to be another Arsenal case always choking at a crucial stage of the season.
Tanzklaue

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Hamburg got lucky, they still have that play off though. I just wish Leverkusen would win something for once, they seem to be another Arsenal case always choking at a crucial stage of the season.
eh, could care less for leverkusen. they are kinda like hoffenheim and wolfsburg in that if they hadn't a big concern behind them they wouldn't be relevant at all.

hamburg had the luck that nurnberg and branschweig are just as bad as them, yes. i honestly don't think they will make it through the relegation though. a hungry 2nd league club versus a demotivated and badly playing first league club?

rooting against the HSV here, if only because their fans have proven to be major dicks throughout this whole thing.
Vish024
If I had to describe this season in a series of noises it'd be "Booooooh-nnnnnmmmmm-oooooooh-eeeeerm-hnnnnng-gaaaaah-oooohalright".
E14
MANCHESTER CITY won the premiere league with 86pts, 2pts ahead of LIVERPOOL...

okay party is over in England, lets switch to La Liga.

The last match between Barca and Atletico in camp nou, this will be the last twist to be watch.

possiblities:
Atletico will win the La Liga if at least draw or win against Barca for a sure winning.
Barcelona will win the La Liga by goal difference if they defeat Atletico no matter how the score it is.

Stats before the final matchday:

1. Atletico Madrid GD: +51 PTS: 89
2. Barcelona GD: +67 PTS: 86
show more