forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
bmin11
I hope Chelsea wins both consecutive matches
Vish024
I hope that red team beats that blue team.
Binoo-
I hope they draw so further title drama ensues to the last day.
bmin11

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I hope that red team beats that blue team.
Southampton has beaten Everton!
Vish024
Yay!

Also congrats Burnley on being promoted to the EPL.

Vish024
Also discovered this fabulous piece on commentating, particularly British commentating, cliches.

http://footballspeak.com/post/2012/02/1 ... iches.aspx
Leader
And this is why football is both amazing and terrible at the same time.

Poor Gerrard, he doesn't deserve this at all.. (would have been worse if Torres decided to score instead of passing the ball to William)
bmin11
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I missed the game mgdnpojetphkfzdmbpnkl;rkbmdzpk

Brilliant score line to wake up to. 2:0. We score twice, you get none.
Tanzklaue
"in the land of the losers, the one who draws is king"

braunschweig, nürnberg and hamburg all lost while we drawed. the only ones who realistically can catch up to us are hamburg if they win both of their remaining games.

against bayern and mainz good luck suckers lol.
bmin11
Will Bayern show mercy to Hamburg? We'll have to see for that lol

Just watched the match. Schwarzer was god-like and Kalas couldn't have done anything better for his debut. I swear we didn't look any different missing out Cech/Terry.
Tanzklaue
even if they do hamburg sucks way way too much to beat bayern. they lost 3-1 to augsburg today.

we also play bayern and wolfsburg, and i don't expect 2 wins out of that. one win would be really great and would seal the deal for good though.

anyway, next season has to be better :/ i have trust in huub stevens though! he changed a lot of things for the better and if bobic finally decides to buy good players then we might have a real chance!

also funny trivia, this weekend was our first 0-0 of the season.
bmin11

Now can you ask for any cleaner goal then this

Also, can anybody tell me what day it is today?
Binoo-

bmin11 wrote:

Now can you ask for any cleaner goal then this

Also, can anybody tell me what day it is today?

Near post headers OP
Happy St. Totteringhams Day to you too.
Vish024
Ah yes it's that time of the year again, Happy St. Totteringhams day everyone.
hi im dragon
fucking moyes get fucked haha ijeaorn fsdg omg united <3
JonnyThatJonny
I don't think Real's first half could've been better in any possible way. Incredible.

edit: Wow, Real just turned into favorites. Ronaldo 8-)

Chelsea win the other match pls (I actually like Atletico, but CL finals between clubs of the same country is so anti-hype, even more if it's 2 years in a row)
bmin11
Holy damn, I didn't expect this outcome. What a match it must have been for Real Madrid.

I really wish we beat AT tomorrow. I wouldn't even mind too much if we lose at the final. I just want to watch Chelsea play against Real Madrid.
Sapphiire_old_1
Banana OP
Binoo-
Real Madrid is just ridiculous.
I'm feeling Real might choke in the final though.
E14
2 seaons ago, Bayern beat Barca 7-0 on aggregate, now Bayern was beaten by Real Madrid 5-0 on aggregate. omg, the curse is crawling...
i wanna win Chelsea against Altetico and make another troll on the finals. ;)
Pasonia
-
Vish024
Bloody hell, Real have some momentum now. The league and Champions League to play for against the Atleti in both cases. Some finish for Spanish football and the city of Madrid this could be.

I really hope Atleti kick Chelsea and what'shisname in the bollocks tonight. Oh please do, I'd rather not die of boredom watching the final.
JonnyThatJonny

E s s a wrote:

2 seaons ago, Bayern beat Barca 7-0 on aggregate, now Bayern was beaten by Real Madrid 5-0 on aggregate. omg, the curse is crawling...
RIP tiki-taka. Ironic how Bayern who got so much praise in the way they destroyed barça last year, got a coach who made them develop their own tiki-taka antics and got them kicked out the same way.
hi im dragon

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Bloody hell, Real have some momentum now. The league and Champions League to play for against the Atleti in both cases. Some finish for Spanish football and the city of Madrid this could be.

I really hope Atleti kick Chelsea and what'shisname in the bollocks tonight. Oh please do, I'd rather not die of boredom watching the final.
laudrup is the best never forget
E14

JonnyThatJonny wrote:

E s s a wrote:

RIP tiki-taka. Ironic how Bayern who got so much praise in the way they destroyed barça last year, got a coach who made them develop their own tiki-taka antics and got them kicked out the same way.

Bad Luck Pep.....
Magicphoenix
Oh god.
Vish024
I think Vilanova's death had an effect on the team, especially Pep. They were completely uncharacteristic. Quite seriously though it could be worse, they are European Champions after all and haven't done badly by any means this season.

hi im dragon wrote:

LaVolpe024 wrote:

laudrup is the best never forget
Alright maal's cousin, settle down mate.
Pasonia
-
bmin11
Match just ended. Good match, but at the end, terrible result for us. I think we have grown to rely on Matic. Luiz + Ramires didn't work out and got bullied during the 2nd half. Also, I can see why there are people who want Courtois over Cech next season. Like, damn, he couldn't have made our match any harder then this.
JonnyThatJonny
Was rooting for Chelsea but Atleti completely deserved that, their attitude is incredible. Going through a tie by beating Chelsea at stamford, rare happening in recent history.

The only downside to this is a same country CL final again, bah. Will still be a great match between two Madrid clubs who deserve it.
Vish024
AUPA ATLETI. Do it for the neutrals, the purists and those who still see light in football!
bmin11
The lost wasn't so bad, but the after party on the Internet is killing me. We played similar football and ATM out played us. That should be the only thing I should be upset about.
Vish024
"I want to thank the mothers of these players because they gave birth to them with balls this big."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27235000
Tanzklaue
we'll stay in the bundesliga yay!

i kinda want hamburg to relegate.
[- Alex -]
Some Mancester United fans here? ^_^.
Leader
It's Istanbul all over again.
Binoo-
I'm not even going to laugh at Liverpool.
Just holy fuck what the shit Crystal Palace
bmin11
Just when I thought my season was over, Chelsea U18 wins the FA Youth Cup! We didn't end up trophy-less YES!

Now back to being dead until the World Cup CL Final. Go Atleti!
Vish024
I suspect Liverpool were taking lessons from us. The world cup hype is beginning to settle into me, just over a month now.
bmin11
Is Schwarzer still playing for his national team? Because he definitely should.
show more