forum

[Personal Project] Psychosocial - Slipknot

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Raikadashi
First, let me start with a greeting, as this is my first thread since creating this account and there does not seem to be an introduction thread anywhere.

It is a pleasure to be in your company, members of Osu. I have been a member for about a year, but only joined on a whim and wasn't very active until recently.

Now, while browsing for songs, I found it shocking to find few beatmaps for songs from mainstream rock/metal bands like KoRn, Slipknot, Dope (and they would make such great beatmaps too!), so I have decided to take it upon myself to create beatmaps prominently for this genre of music. Certainly, I should not have been the first to think this, and many have most like come before me. This supposition only leads me to wonder if my predecessors had failed due to incompetence or if such music is some sort of taboo among this community. If the latter is true, I will be very sad and will cry myself to sleep while resigning to playing the plethora of Touhou songs. Shiku shiku.

Thus, I have chosen my first beatmap to be on this popular Slipknot song. I humbly request for tips and advice outside of the guides given on the Wiki on beatmapping and whatever your kind hearts feel that I should know. I honestly don't expect anyone to ask to jump in on this, and that's the way I prefer it, as I wish to realize my own abilities. That is not to say, however, that I don't need any help. Rather, it's the opposite, so please, throw out even your most asinine suggestions my way for this beatmap; it will be greatly appreciated.

I have a terrible personality, but I hope we all get along regardless. If we don't, that's simply too bad and you may fuck off. But don't get me wrong, I still love you.

Also, if there is a thread listing a set of rules for proper conduct on this forum, I beseech one of you to link it to me before I do something regretful.

And well... I have no idea what to do with this thread. I kinda made to say that I'll be working on this song and to get help on it, but that seems inane and I don't know what else to do with it, so if you could kindly inform me on what I can do, that would be very nice and you would deserve many things.

Finally, I apologize if I'm doing something wrong in regards how I'm treating the subsections of this forum. There isn't exactly a nice (complete) agglomerate of everything one needs to/should know nicely formatted somewhere and I lose my focus very easily due to certain circumstances, so yeah.

I am an eggroll.
Coro
Hi Raikadashi~

If you finish a map, you can get opinions and help on it at a modding queue, under Work in Progress/Help.
The lack of metal/rock songs is usually due to the difficulty in timing them.
MoodyRPG