forum

Absolute Inconsistency

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HunterSTL
Hello Guys! First of all, I don't know if this post belongs in this section.

Anyways, I have been playing osu! fairly consistently for the past year or so. I have had some breaks, some of which lasting a couple of weeks, but nothing dramatic. Right now I am sitting at rank 70k(ish) with about 150h of playtime. I don't know what I did wrong lately, but ever since I've had a short break a few weeks ago, I can't get anywhere near the consistency that I used to have. Even though my aim has improved (shown to me buy the insane jumps i feel confident in hitting) and my tapping/streaming has also improved, I am not anywhere close to the consistency I had. I feel like the problem lies with my tablet. I am using the Star G640, which I have been using ever since I started playing. I always try to hold my pen the same, have my tablet layed down the same as always, yet holding the pen and dragging it over the tablet doesn't feel familiar (in a sense that I don't feel confident with my aim).

Also, sometimes I miss very easy jumps, even though I have just hit a very difficult pattern of long jumps with ease. Maybe someone can relate with the same tablet. Or maybe the problem lies with me or something else.

This is very frustrating. I know that sometimes you are just not as good as on other days, and that practice is the most logical answer, but sitting at an inconsistent level for weeks just makes me wanna quit playing, even though I love the game and i genuinely enjoy playing...
Deva
"There's no way anything is wrong with me, it must be my equipment" - every osu player ever

You are just playing maps that are too short and relying on the chance to hit all the notes, I mean when the maps is 30 seconds long you can spam the shit out of it and you just have to FC (if not SS) it at one point.

What you need to do is play maps that are much longer. For example if you usually play 5* maps that are 1:30 mins long you should start playing 4.5* maps that are 5+ mins long.

At first it will feel super annoying and even boring at times and you will miss every other note. But as time goes on you will start getting used to the length of the maps and your default combo will increase (for example if you miss every 100 combo now you will miss every 300 combo later and then 600 after more practice and so on), you will gain confidence in your playing which will also boost your ability to hit every note.

tl;dr play more (but longer maps)
N0thingSpecial
Play more with consistency in mind
im flat
lol im way worse
Topic Starter
HunterSTL

Deva wrote:

"There's no way anything is wrong with me, it must be my equipment" - every osu player ever

You are just playing maps that are too short and relying on the chance to hit all the notes, I mean when the maps is 30 seconds long you can spam the shit out of it and you just have to FC (if not SS) it at one point.

What you need to do is play maps that are much longer. For example if you usually play 5* maps that are 1:30 mins long you should start playing 4.5* maps that are 5+ mins long.

At first it will feel super annoying and even boring at times and you will miss every other note. But as time goes on you will start getting used to the length of the maps and your default combo will increase (for example if you miss every 100 combo now you will miss every 300 combo later and then 600 after more practice and so on), you will gain confidence in your playing which will also boost your ability to hit every note.

tl;dr play more (but longer maps)

I see what you are saying and I will definitely use that advice, I really appreciate your help!
CYL95
Missing an easy jump is all about dealing with minor movements, it is alright getting tricked by the note nearby after several patterns of circles. If you want to get over this annoying situation, you may try some 2-3* maps with DT so that you can react fast enough for short jumps.
For the consistency part, easier marathon maps are the way to go. And I suggest playing until the end. even though you might miss several notes and get a low max combo so that you can check your improvement over time, and not get too familiarised with the first 30 seconds of the 5-minute map.
show more