forum

[invalid] [resolved] Silence music when processing beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
theowest

I have over 19000 beatmaps and processing them takes a lot of time. (Like 2 minutes)
Now what I don't like about this is that music has to play while they are processing and it's often music I don't want to hear.

Wouldn't it be better if the music was silenced? I believe this won't be too much of a hassle to fix.
bomber34
Well I like all the music that is played, because i don't dwl songs i hate or delete horrible songs after mp.
So i would recommend to
A) Option for everybody
B) Turn off your speakers
Topic Starter
theowest
I want to be able to silence music in osu! just like I can everywhere else in osu!.
Processing beatmaps is the only place I do not want music to play. At least have a key binding which works during processing beatmap would be good to have.
peppy
You should never have to process all maps like this. If it happens regularly, this is a bug and should be reported.
Topic Starter
theowest

peppy wrote:

You should never have to process all maps like this. If it happens regularly, this is a bug and should be reported.
Then I guess I have to report it then. Haha.
Stefan
It's much faster today and not really something we needs here, moved as invalid/resolved.
Full Tablet

Stefan wrote:

It's much faster today and not really something we needs here, moved as invalid/resolved.
It takes over 10 minutes to process over 100k maps nowadays.
This could be solved by enabling being able to change volume while beatmap processing instead of forcing silence, though.
Stefan
100k is a uncommon high number and maybe relates to 5% of all active users in osu!, if not less. Also that sounds like a case when you need too long to process them, I got nearly 17k and have to process for not more than ten seconds.
Deimos
or simply hold ALT + mouse wheel down