forum

About bamboo tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MusicStation
what would be better? Mouse mode (full tablet) or a small area of the pen mode?
Alice S
Pen mode either way for osu! and a smaller area is better for osu, but you should reduce the size gradually so you can get used to it.
MMzz
Uh no, bigger area is deffinatly better.
Gives you more control over what you are doing.
Alice S

MMzz wrote:

Sure, but you need to move your hand more, smaller area is faster.
Derekku
Depends on the size of your tablet and your own personal preferences.

My tablet is like... 3x5 inches and I use the whole thing. When I started playing osu! in 2009, I used the default pen mode, but a few months later I figured out that I actually played a lot better with the mouse mode. Again, it's all based on preference!
Nyu_old2

Jellyman wrote:

MMzz wrote:

Sure, but you need to move your hand more, smaller area is faster.
Tell that to Cookiezi who uses full tablet area.

ALWAYS use pen mode for osu. If you don't you can run into issues where you say have a note to the far left but you don't have enough room on your tablet to move that far. It can become problematic. Pen mode give you absolute positioning meaning every point on your tablet will be a point on your monitor, it's good for building muscle memory and you won't run into silly issues like that.
darkmiz
Can anyone share some full area techniques? I have a small hand and its almost impossible for me to reach the four corners of full area without repositioning my wrist.
MMzz

darkmiz wrote:

Can anyone share some full area techniques? I have a small hand and its almost impossible for me to reach the four corners of full area without repositioning my wrist.
Start off small, about half your tablet, then keep working your way up in the sizes when you get comforable.
winber1
I use quite a small area. I've always sucked at large areas , and I've found my accuracy and control is really quite decent despite using a small area.

Derekku wrote:

Depends onthe size of your tablet and your own personal preferences.
Using someone else's configurations isn't going to help you get any better >_>

I've always liked using high sensitivity, so when i started osu! i had a high mouse sensitivity. When I got a tablet I set a small tablet area. Overtime I experimented with larger and smaller areas, and in the end I got something like this

fyi that area is approximately 3.2cm by 4.2cm (my screen resolution is 1366x768, but i used 1024x768 for osu! so the dimensions i gave you probably won't look perfectly proportional to the one in the picture)
Mesita
pen mode, full area... just get used to it and you are ready to go. Also try not to play with huge screen size.
darkmiz

Mesita wrote:

Also try not to play with huge screen size.
Isn't this the same as using smaller area?
Mesita
depends if you use force proportions or not.
kriers

Jellyman wrote:

Pen mode either way for osu! and a smaller area is better for osu, but you should reduce the size gradually so you can get used to it.
wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!

You'll adapt to a bigger area and it makes your hand moving FASTER! + that valuable accuracy. Don't be fooled by smaller area.
dNextGen

Mesita wrote:

kinda confused with this force proportions thingy,care to enlighten me ?
-Athena-

kriers wrote:

Jellyman wrote:

You'll adapt to a bigger area and it makes your hand moving FASTER! + that valuable accuracy. Don't be fooled by smaller area.
^this
basically the same principle as mouse, low sens is better, large area is better
Shadow

dNextGen wrote:

Mesita wrote:

kinda confused with this force proportions thingy,care to enlighten me ?
^ this

Can someone remedy this problem and tell us what it does?

--

This is what I got from bamboo's site.

"When Force Proportions is unchecked, the correct scale or proportions are not maintained. The selected tablet area is mapped to the selected display area. Drawing a cicle on the table may create an ellipse on the display screen. This is the default setting.

When Force Proportions is checked, the correct verical and horizontal proportions are maintained. Drawing a circle on the tablet results in a circle on the display screen. Depending on your settings, some portion s of the tablet active area may no longer be usable when this option is selected
."
G0r
I don't use a tablet, but based on that description it sounds like it forces the portions of the tablet, which can be used, to be cropped down to whatever fits the proportions of your screen resolution.
Alice S

kriers wrote:

Jellyman wrote:

Well I use this and it seems perfect for both accuracy and speed:

I guess it all just comes down to preference.
Nyu_old2
Force proportions basically makes it so that the distance you move your pen up/down and left/right are equal to the distance your cursor is moved on the screen. That way your sensitivity isn't higher in the x or y direction.
RaneFire
Ye I just wanna add some 2 cents and say that if there's absolutely zero / no hindrance on your ability to hit the smaller notes at all, then size doesn't matter, but we're all human though, and generally larger movements are easier for 'human beings' to do by instinct.

In ancient times we didn't hunt animals by moving our fingers on a 1cm tablet area, we threw spears :D. Instincts will always favour larger muscular movements, but you can still train to play small, it just takes longer as its completely a logical process.
Zelmarked
It's like I'm learning to play osu all over again. I'm using a small area. Moving my pen above the detection area was a problem for me for a while.
show more