forum

3rd Coast - Let's Go Baby

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pasonia
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 2:02:50 AM

Artist: 3rd Coast
Title: Let's Go Baby
Source: DJMAX
Tags: djmax, 3rd, coast, let's, lets, go, baby, pasonia
BPM: 108
Filesize: 19021kb
Play Time: 02:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.8 stars, 113 notes)
  2. Hard (4.29 stars, 214 notes)
  3. Infatuation (4.93 stars, 349 notes)
  4. Normal (3.15 stars, 159 notes)
Download: 3rd Coast - Let's Go Baby
Download: 3rd Coast - Let's Go Baby (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Note: Hard is counter-intuitive. Just a gentle heads-up ^^

I have a secret to share.
I listened to both Luv Flow and Let's Go Baby on repeat during my army days. As in on 10-times, 20-times-and-I-won't-get-tired-of-song replay, repeat, repeat, repeat.

I liked the song even though I eventually discovered that there could be two intepretations to the video (watch it and you will know). I mean, it's fair to think that the cyan-hair likes the redhead dude but because of the inherent focus of both the background images (where is the guy in the background?) I began to think that MIYU's a closet same-sex oriented animator =x

Also, to prove I liked this song so much I even used the latter as a lullaby once (fell asleep while on duty lols).
So with peppy's blessing (serious "?"), I present to you another osu! beatmap by Pasonia!

===Edit log===
01/12/08: Normal Difficulty uploaded, Infatuation Difficulty delayed due to being incomplete.
02/12/08: Infatuation Difficulty uploaded. Despite liking the song, the original MV reeks of girl-girl love. =S
03/12/08: Midnight rush of corrections.
That same day...: Easy and Hard difficulties uploaded.
04/12/08: Color Combo changed. You see their uniform colors, their hair colors, and general bright-red luv. Might as well go with the flow.
That same day...: Video and backgrounds added. For Infatuation difficulty, I adjusted the color balance for the background so it doesn't look the same with Hard.
06/12/08: Some changes to Infatuation Difficulty to make it not-so-murderous in comparison. Maybe I'm wrong about this though. (Assist: m980!)
07/12/08: Again, some changes made. (Assist: kingcobra52)
08/12/08: omgosh DS error on Easy. Fixed! [+ <strikethrough>some more</strikethrough> a lot of other changes](Assist: chan)
12/12/08: Adding content to hollow spaces (assist: Zerostarry) and also minor corrections (assist: m980 for the second time)
peppy
Infatuation:
00:16:32 (6,7,8) - move forward 1/4
00:17:29 (1) - feels very awkward - should end on the first white tick.
00:31:46 (1) - a bit awkward.

Remove the double BPM section - its horrible.

Sounds better with slider tick 2.
kingcobra52
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
kingcobra52
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
kingcobra52

Download: Hatsune Miku - Po Pi Po (Ryu Remix) (nold_1702) [Taiko Collab].osu
CheeseWarlock
I'm going to leave this as a bubble, because the spacing in Hard just feels odd to me but for all I know I MIGHT BE CRAAAAZY~

The piano part especially gets me. It's a bit clustered... It's almost like the spacing through the entire song is too cramped. :/

Everything else is fine, though.
minyeob
Confusing~(especially hard)
But I have to accept....
Because they(confusing beatspacing) have no errors.
Good job
chan
Firstly, I really like this song.
Nice individual backgrounds for each difficulty.

[easy]
Mostly fine, maybe you could slow the slider velocity to match the beat spacing better. Apparently there were distance snapping issues.

The other maps are mostly ok. I noticed that you didn't use grid snapping, although it is subtle. Just means that some notes aren't perfectly lined up horizontally/vertically. Maybe I'm just being pedantic, but this bugs me a little.
chan
Bumping down to a star for now

Seems like there's a bit of a discrepancy between slider velocity and distance spacing for all the difficulties? This is quite unfortunate, but I think I can't rank this map because of this. Particularly for [easy], maybe this might be excusable for [infatuation] but it is still noticeable.

Some possible solutions
1) you can increase the distance spacing to match the slider velocity - you will have to place all the notes again probably
2) you can decrease the slider velocity to match the distance spacing - you will have to redo all your sliders and possibly some note placement around sliders
3) you can decrease the slider velocity a little bit and increase the distance snapping a little bit so they both match somewhere in between - you will have to remap all notes and sliders.

4) find another mod who's not so fussy with these issues. NOT RECOMMENDED

Hope this doesn't happen in future, you can see the amount of work that changing this stuff requires. Make sure you take more care in choosing slider velocity and distance spacing in future
chan
Still got your distance spacing and slider velocity out by a factor of 2. So if you're going to use 0.8x distance spacing, slider velocity should be 0.80, 1.60 would be twice as fast.

m980 Edit
Actually Distance Snap is based off of Slider Velocity. x1.0 would make the snapping of distance the same as the slider velocity, and x0.5 would make the spacing half as big as slider length.. hope that made sense?

[edit reply]
thanks for clearing that up, i completely misunderstood how distance snap and slider velocity worked :/
Cyclone
chan
Ok, I think I modded this map with a bit of a misconception about how distance snapping should work. And apparently ~0.7 - 0.8 distance snapping is normal. So I guess I can bubble this?
Zerostarry
Sinistro
The two harder difficulties have correct, but unexpected choices in rhythm patterns; they will not be easy maps to read at first play, heh. There's one instance of closer spacing and two fast spinners on the hardest difficulty, but for an Insane I think I can let these slide. Bubbled (for what, the third time in this beatmap's modding history?)
kingcobra52
blacksymbian
Cool song!! I saw this song in DJMAX portable 2 ost air tracks xD

3rd Coast rocks XD i like their bye bye love and so much in luv!! Cool..

Oh btw.. is it appropriate for me to post?? I guess this is spam.. :o
peppy
For the record, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out in the end. Piano solo feels a lot better, as do the other parts I had problems with. Good job.