forum

Tablet...worth it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MusicStation
I'm thinking about buying a tablet to play osu! of bamboo .. worth buying a tablet?
Espionage724
I asked myself the same thing, so I just ordered a cheap $34 tablet :p It was worth it imo. If you plan on also using it to draw, then it would probably be a good investment.
kriers
Wether it will be worth it, or not, depends on your own preferences. If you're already using keyboard, then buying a tablet can be a very good investment and it's really fun and easier to make wide jumps.

Just watch out and don't get tempted to use a tiny area. If you give a huge area some time, you will definitely benefit from It over time.
Mesita
if you want to be a "competitive" osu player, then yes.
Krzysiek
Drawing with tablet is pretty fun so it's not only limited to osu!.
Pizzicato
depends, if you're dedicated enough to this game.

Having a tablet on your desk is neat too. :)
JAKACHAN

Mesita wrote:

if you want to be a "competitive" osu player, then yes.
Sigh...
silmarilen
you cant deny that most of the top players use tablet.
just because 2/10th(made up number) of the top players uses mouse does not mean mouse is just as competitive, it only means tablet is indeed better.
Sync

kriers wrote:

Just watch out and don't get tempted to use a tiny area. If you give a huge area some time, you will definitely benefit from It over time.
don't ever play tiny area pls

don't

do

it

;___;

A tablet is a fine investment, depending on how much you want to play. I enjoy using it a lot but don't buy it if you're just looking to get better. You'll actually get worse at first. True story.
MusicalPulse

Sync wrote:

kriers wrote:

don't ever play tiny area pls

don't

do

it

;___;

A tablet is a fine investment, depending on how much you want to play. I enjoy using it a lot but don't buy it if you're just looking to get better. You'll actually get worse at first. True story.

What's the negatives of using a small area? :O
Sonez_old

MusicStation wrote:

I'm thinking about buying a tablet to play osu! of bamboo .. worth buying a tablet?
Yes tablet has far superior cursor control(that is what they are designed for), you will see a great difference in the first week of using it. However you will hit a skill cap shortly after, when things come down to more than just being good with your cursor. It will not make you a pro.

MusicalPulse wrote:

What's the negatives of using a small area? :O
less cursor control, it also hurts the hell out of your hand.

I used smallest area possible at first.

current looks like this, with 1920x1080 fullscreen
koromo

MusicStation wrote:

I was wondering about this same thing last week or so. I finally bought a Wacom Bamboo Connect a couple of days ago and I guess I can say it's nice. Even tho I'm still getting used to it, jumping is a bit easier and I find myself having better control of my cursor. While I'm still not as good as I was with mouse, I'm getting the hang of everything again quite easily.

Sync wrote:

True story indeed.
Frizz
Some people find using tablet for osu only is useless though.
KinomiCandy

kriers wrote:

Story of my life.
MMzz

kriers wrote:

So true.
I started out with a small area but gradually upping the area, now I use about half my tablet and jumps/streaming are a lot of easier, cause you have a lot more control.
I hope to work my way up to full tablet someday.

You should also know that how you grip your pen is important, very tight grip = PAIN.
You should hold it very loose and confortable to you.