forum

Why is my performance in decrease?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FenixV2
Hello guys,

I'm really facing a huge problem and i don't know how to solve it...
4 months ago i decided to take a break from osu after i got bored a little bit so that i can have fun again when i return since i wasn't improving that much so i thought it was a better idea to take a little break ... i returned to play 2 months ago and i was doing well and doing new top plays which was good for people of my rank... but after a while i only kept getting worse and worse at the game and my aiming began to decrease to the point i can't jump well like i used to... my top plays are two months old & i haven't FCed a single beatmap for 2 months now (nor got an S)...

What do you think the problem is ? i am currently sad that i can't rank up and im hardstuck in my current rank for months now besides, i began to lose confidence that i can improve and climb the ranks at all..i don't mostly care about the ranks but i am simply not having fun when i can't play well or FC something because that's what gives us motivation to get better but since i can't FC a single beatmap nowadays i began to lose that motivation although i am very passionate about this game and hope one day i can be a 4 digit at least

Any advice on how i can return to improving at the game again would be very appreciated

thanks for reading this long topic and sorry for my English if there was any grammar/vocabulary mistake :D

DXPOHIHIHI
OwO
RamenBucket
Play long and relatively harder maps to improve your skill. Also you shouldn't really care about fcs, you'll get them eventually as you continue playing. If you really want to fc, play easier maps.

The main point to improving really is to just play more, and play consistently, on a regular basis.
Topic Starter
FenixV2

RamenBucket wrote:

Play long and relatively harder maps to improve your skill. Also you shouldn't really care about fcs, you'll get them eventually as you continue playing. If you really want to fc, play easier maps.

The main point to improving really is to just play more, and play consistently, on a regular basis.

I know all that... my problem is that im not improving i just keep getting worse :D
Super Spudicus
I'm not exactly the best player you'd ever see commenting on these threads, but I definitely agree with the "Repetition is Key" strategy.

I have gone through multiple moments of ... "Well this map is too hard" and usually my response to that is jumping back a couple of digits (whatever you're comfortable with) to sorta get myself back into the groove. I don't know what will work for you, but I definitely suggest taking a few steps back and each time you succeed (FC or whatever you're proud of) take a step forward.

Good luck my friend!
Topic Starter
FenixV2

Super Spudicus wrote:

I'm not exactly the best player you'd ever see commenting on these threads, but I definitely agree with the "Repetition is Key" strategy.

I have gone through multiple moments of ... "Well this map is too hard" and usually my response to that is jumping back a couple of digits (whatever you're comfortable with) to sorta get myself back into the groove. I don't know what will work for you, but I definitely suggest taking a few steps back and each time you succeed (FC or whatever you're proud of) take a step forward.

Good luck my friend!

Thanks for that advice... I'm already applying that and it seems to be getting good <3
alpiste516
I don't know if this might help, but 2 months ago (I think) I was in a similar position where I saw that I couldn't get better and I was just getting worse, even getting awful performances in some beatmaps that I could complete without too much complication just some weeks before. I thought "agh, I think that I can't get any more improvements", but after some research and struggle I found out that the problem wasn't me but my mouse!.
In turn outs that it wasn't a hardware issue, but an osu! problem, so, once I could solve it, I can now keep playing normally and see myself improving.
koemada
UwU
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play Time: 124 hours
Play the game.
show more