forum

Creating and organizing your own Tab in the Selection Screen

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +19
show more
Topic Starter
magasaki
I actually do this, but it's way too inconvenient, downloading, installing, searching the song folder and finally moving to an appropriate folder, and searching through the main screen, if it was able to organize the tab somehow, it would be a lot faster and useful for everyone.
Stefan

Sakura Hana wrote:

Interesting, but isn't this the same as creating your own folders in your song list and putting songs in there then sorting by folder?
Theoretically yes, but who gives a poop to make this work?
It's interesting. And seriously, we need a better Tab system. It's mostly useless.
Kitsunemimi
This is very interesting, but I'm not seeing custom tabs in the near future.

However, the tab sorting idea is a nice one, since right now we're pretty much limited to the 4 there right now. Of course, you can access everything from the dropdown menu, but the tabs are a bit more convenient. I don't think many people use them however, and this is sort of a small feature request.

As for your custom lists, you can already have a Favourites A and Favourites B, so I really don't think custom lists will be implemented (as it's already been requested and denied before).
theowest
Hmm. I could see something like this being used in the future.
zertap
Yes I approve of this very much :D:D
Also there should be an option to save a search as a tab, OP if you are kind could you add that to the request too? :)
EDIT: Maybe not, if the custom lists have been denied before... :/
woc2006
I don't think it's necessary since you already have Favourites A and Favourites B. And due to some graphics limitation, number of tabs should be kept under 4.

But anyway, Let player choose what to show there is acceptable.
Shiirn
The thing is that except for Date, Creator, Difficulty, My Maps, and All, the rest need to be selected every time you want to view them. And wide-screen should be able to fit around 6 tabs.
YodaSnipe
This is brilliant, current methods of doing it are too sucky.
Azure_Kite
This is an interesting idea.

Has anybody already made a program that automatically sorts the song folder's ranked beatmaps into genres?
YodaSnipe
^omg that'd be awesome
Azure_Kite
I'll start working on one now, then.
YodaSnipe
^omg you're awesome
Jaay-
Yes i've been looking for that feature since i started playing, when you wanna put the song you fced in a folder instead of deleting them, that would be pretty usefull.
peppy
Sorting by genre using folders is redundant, as it could be done at a metadata level much more efficiently.
Azure_Kite
True enough, are there any plans to incorporate the Genre listed online into the .osu's or beatmap list or something? As mp3s here don't consistently have ID3 tags and Genre isn't a sortable value in the beatmap list, nor seeming stored anywhere inside the actual application itself.
peppy
Best to wait for osz2 before adding this in, I think.
Mercurial

Azure_Kite wrote:

I'll start working on one now, then.

YodaSnipe wrote:

^omg you're awesome
Midge
At the risk of being flamed/hated-on/banned to the point where I lose all meaning in life, I, with much thought and hesitation, am going to bump this.

I feel incredibly uncomfortable bumping a thread old enough to be called a toddler, but seeing as peppy has responded about waiting for osz2 or whatever and nothing like this has been added for two freaking years, I feel it's appropriate to try and get this (mostly just the customizable selection tabs part, because I seriously want that) added.

However, seeing that peppy has somewhat implied that this might get added, I don't want to put the effort into trying to explain why this should be added unless there was a reason this isn't in the game, and that is when the argument starts.

Or maybe I didn't do enough research, I dunno. I still think this feature needs to be in the game.

So yea, please add customizable selection tabs.

Please be gentle with me, it's my first time. ;c
deadbeat
don't worry Midge, bumping threads in Feature Requests is fine. that being said, do want this
Tear
OP's idea - lots of want, throwing a few votes
Filename/tag parsing - impossible, a lot of files are untagged or tagged wrong
Kitokofox
We already have a collections menu for this.

I can forgive this, though. This topic was made 2 years ago (well before this feature has been implemented)
Midge
Yea, but I want to be able to replace the default tabs with something in the collections menu. I rarely use the default "Artist" tab, but I constantly use the "Mode" option in the collections tab. It's all for the sake of convenience.
Nathanael
Marking as resolved for now. The collection feature is there to organize our maps.
deadbeat
you have completely missed the purpose of this thread. is it nothing to do with organizing beatmaps
Nathanael
Kitokofox said so. Anyways, thanks for your action.
Midge
Like I said, this is all for the sake of convenience. Yes, there's is a nifty way to organize beatmaps into fancy collections, and I have no issue with that.

What I do have an issue with is the fact that literally no one regularly sorts their beatmaps using the 3 default tabs in the middle. I want to be able to replace "Date" with "Mode" or "Rank", both of which I use more individually than these 3 as a whole.