forum

heart beat and black vision

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
roliy
so i've gotten a new top play that wasn't normal for my rank and i was complitely shook and my heart beat raised really high up and i was seeing black, what happened was normal?
Flanster
Uh thats not normal. I'm no doctor but that sounds like high blood pressure to me. Better consult your GP.
abraker

roliy wrote:

and i was seeing black
I suggest you got to a doctor
Xirai
high heart beat is normal... feeling the adrenalin in your head is normal...

seeing black is not normal.
Metal_BOY97
Depends on what your exact heart rate was at that moment. The maximum sinus tachycardia (meaning the highest rate your heart can physiologically achieve and still be able to work properly, although not for extended periods of time) can be easily calculated using the simplified formula: 220-(your age). This is the pulse that you're likely to have when you're experiencing very large adrenalin bursts (which is not that uncommon among osu! players). Blacked vision at that point isn't usual, but not impossible.

When human heart rate exceeds this upper physiological threshold, then blurred or blacked vision (or even a total blackout) is a natural consequence: basically the systole occurs (the heart contracts) before ventricles can be filled with enough blood to maintain optimum oxygen levels in the brain, and so it starts malfunctioning due to hypoxia. When you're really overwhelmed by emotions, this can happen too, and it isn't necessarily a sign of pathology.

My suggestion is that you shouldn't really care too much about it as long as it doesn't happen in your everyday life. However, if it occurs again (even when you're playing), I'd recommend seing a doctor. Also, don't get hyped too much, it's just a game.

Cheers!
Topic Starter
roliy

Metal_BOY97 wrote:

Depends on what your exact heart rate was at that moment. The maximum sinus tachycardia (meaning the highest rate your heart can physiologically achieve and still be able to work properly, although not for extended periods of time) can be easily calculated using the simplified formula: 220-(your age). This is the pulse that you're likely to have when you're experiencing very large adrenalin bursts (which is not that uncommon among osu! players). Blacked vision at that point isn't usual, but not impossible.

When human heart rate exceeds this upper physiological threshold, then blurred or blacked vision (or even a total blackout) is a natural consequence: basically the systole occurs (the heart contracts) before ventricles can be filled with enough blood to maintain optimum oxygen levels in the brain, and so it starts malfunctioning due to hypoxia. When you're really overwhelmed by emotions, this can happen too, and it isn't necessarily a sign of pathology.

My suggestion is that you shouldn't really care too much about it as long as it doesn't happen in your everyday life. However, if it occurs again (even when you're playing), I'd recommend seing a doctor. Also, don't get hyped too much, it's just a game.

Cheers!

thanks! i appreciate the effort that u put in the post, that means a lot to me.
Nessuka
Could very well be related to Glutamate excitotoxicity, do you consume much MSG containing food?

Also Aspartates can cause varied neurological anomalies under stressful states and speep deprivation, take it easy for a bit, for your own health's benefit.
show more