forum

osu! Best of the Month

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ragnarok VII

Hello there!

I've recently made a project called osu! Best of the Month, or BotM for short. Basically, every month, judges will vote for the 5 most interesting maps of that month.

We currently need at least 5 more judges to have a solid base. You can apply by going on our discord server here.

What do i need to become a judge?
You need a solid understanding of mapping. Send me a DM containing: Your osu! username, a link to your best map/a mod you posted on a map, and how active you can be.

We also need "scavengers": people who actively search for maps (ranked and unranked) to submit them as candidates. You do not need any experience to be a scavenger, and you can simply DM a request.

All other needed information should be on the discord server. If not, feel free to tell me personnaly or through the channel dedicated for this purpose.

Thanks a lot!
Stefan
Spotlights covers this concept already, it's not certainly monthly but does everything what you mentioned in your post. Try contacting the respective users for this.
Aiseca
I'm seeing some holes here and a few things that must be cleared out for the public to participate...

1. 1.) What are the standards for a map to be called an "interesting" one. Does it have to be voted or DMed more than once? Came from an existing featured artists' playlist, concept maps, etc....
  2. 2.)How would you classify this project of yours? Is this limited to new mappers? Experienced? Sensational? Both new and elite ones? a mixture or what?
  3. 3.)What is the clearer aim of this project? Is this aiming to promote mapping? inspire others to map? make this a learning platform or some other sort...
  4. 4.)What made you create such project if Spotlights was already existing? Was there any issues on their system or selection that you want to cover through this project?
  5. 5.) If the rest of the much needed information was not here...... then why not post it here (or a few, if you found some of it too classified to be posted) so that others can have a headstart on what they are looking here.

I'm not trying to demotivate anyone on this, however, as a forum viewer, I am just looking for answers normally that would come up in situations like these. Hope you understand my query.

Ciao.
show more