forum

Would it be logical to use Ubuntu instead of Windows?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MemeMeme_YT
I have a PC that runs Windows perfectly fine. I also feel like Windows is boring. Would it be fine to install Ubuntu instead of Windows and play osu! using Wine?
pentaqola
Yep... it is!
As long as you know how to code on it (cuz codes are really a thing on that OS) you would be fine.
(o wow i posted on a near 2 week old thread)(btw i dont think i am reliable on tech stuff)
andrewUL

MemeMeme_YT wrote:

I have a PC that runs Windows perfectly fine. I also feel like Windows is boring. Would it be fine to install Ubuntu instead of Windows and play osu! using Wine?

Short answer: No, it wouldn't.

(I'm assuming you use your computer just to play games and browse the internet, just like me and 90% of the people on this forum) If your computer runs Windows fine, installing Ubuntu would just be more annoying because you would have to run Windows softwares/games through Wine
abraker

pentaqola wrote:

As long as you know how to code on it (cuz codes are really a thing on that OS) you would be fine.
OP is considering Ubuntu, which has its own software center. Even if you went command line, all you would need to know is how to use apt-get. Fun fact: android phones are linux based.

MemeMeme_YT wrote:

Would it be fine to install Ubuntu instead of Windows and play osu! using Wine?
It's doable, and official linux support is coming soon(TM)

andrewUL wrote:

If your computer runs Windows fine, installing Ubuntu would just be more annoying because you would have to run Windows softwares/games through Wine
Well if you want to run fortnite, warframe, overwatch, etc, then yea, I don't recommend linux.
Topic Starter
MemeMeme_YT
I'll just Hackintosh my main PC because AMD Mac is possible
or just get an iMac