forum

A Question On First Visit? Interesting.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chaotic_iak
Well, yeah. Hi. I'm new to the forums. I often be informal, but I should never be impolite...let's hope.

I'm pretty new to osu!, only being introduced by my friend...uh...1.5 months ago? Also, because of somewhat-limited internet, you won't see me online often. I'm from Indonesia. Apparently there are quite a lot of Indonesians in the forums too? Wow.

Because I can't think of anything more to say, I'll just start with a question. Whoa, first post and immediately a question.

If you're creating a beatmap which song apparently someone else has done/is doing, what should you do? To mention, the song Dragon Road from Sonic Unleashed, which difficulty of my beatmap I expect somewhere around 4.5 stars.

Thanks for your help!
Irisu_old
Hello, welcome, and hope to play with you~ sorry but I can't help you on that question of yours :( Maybe someone else knows?
Kinrinjin7
Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay.
For the question, same i don't really know :/ Good luck.
justin-chan
hey! welcome in osu... i agree with hetaliafangirl99, but all i know is that you ned help to a professional mapper.. like Hatsune Miku.. she's a good mapper...
justin-chan
nice editz.... add me thx.
Takaichi
Hi.. I'm a new comer from indonesia too.. Nice to meet ya.. :D
About your question.. I think you can search for the answer in Bahasa Indonesia sub-forum
Aoriki
Hi there, welcome to the forums! hope to see you around.
And to your question: Ask those who do know how to beatmap....o-o;
Topic Starter
chaotic_iak
Thanks for the warm responses!

As of the beatmapping itself, that's a question for later; I'm asking whether I should ask the original beatmapper of that song or to make a new submission of my beatmap.

For hetaliafangirl99, uh...I can't give definite time when I'll be playing osu online; just consider yourself lucky if you meet me online. :D

For Takaichi, nice to meet another Indonesian too.
Sinistro
Welcome to osu! :) It's true, we have a sizeable Indonesian population.

Regarding your question, don't worry. It's possible for multiple beatmaps of the same song to be ranked. Just have a look at our latest beatmap chart, which consists entirely of Bad Apple beatmaps (three of which are the same version, judging from their titles!)

Map on, and have fun!
Topic Starter
chaotic_iak
Thanks for the confirmation! Time to get help in beatmapping in general (later, probably in a separate thread in the appropriate forum).
Sinistro
In case you haven't yet, you may want to check out our wiki and FAQs. While not perfect yet, they can provide you with useful information right off the bat.
ReVeNg3r
hi ..)
hi..)
Papi Bear

chaotic_iak wrote:

If you're creating a beatmap which song apparently someone else has done/is doing, what should you do?

don't worry about that... You can create beatmap with a song already existing here.. As long as it is unique..

Anyway, WELCOME TO THE osu! FORUMS! :D
vizzy
Welcome to the community! Hope you like it here.
Irisu_old
Don't worry I'm online most of the time ^^ Is it alright if I add you? :3
Mitsuneko
^ I want to be added too D:

Welcome to the forums. Nice to meet you
Hope you enjoy your stay here and like everyone said, you can makewith that song even if the song has already been mapped before.
Minty Gum
If you're making a map that's already been made, I hope you'll atleast try to make it unique in some way because, you know, no one wants 10 similar beatmaps for the same song ^^; Good luck with mapping, I find it lots of fun although it will take a bit of practice. Welcome to the forums :D
K a Y e

justin-chan wrote:

hey! welcome in osu... i agree with hetaliafangirl99, but all i know is that you ned help to a professional mapper.. like Hatsune Miku.. she's a good mapper...
I don't think Hatsune Miku is a mapper! Is she?
Aoko
No, Hatsune Miku is just an osu! player. Anyway, welcome to the forums ♥ Hope you enjoy your stay.
Added Mitsuneko XD /le me wanna be added to ):
Topic Starter
chaotic_iak
Uh...alright, what do you mean by "adding" people?
Aoko
Friendship neee~ o-o''
Oswald
Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay
meiikyuu
hello ~
SinDemonDragon13
Hi there and welcome to osu! ^^ Enjoy your play!

chaotic_iak wrote:

Uh...alright, what do you mean by "adding" people?
Adding= Adding as a friend (like on facebook)
By the way, can I add you as a friend, too? ^^ We could chat play together and so~