forum

Do's and Don'ts for a healthier life.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Hey everyone I plan to create legitament threads to improve the quality of life for everyone around.

This thread will consist a long simple list of the Do's and don'ts in everyday life.
I'm happy to have everyone contribute to this list, i'll list a few just so you all can see my format.

Be as simple as possible to avoid confusion, also list references. If it's just from your own knowledge based from information you remember about articles you've read or people giving you advice, i'll have you listed in the reference.

You could also correct my sentence structure, grammar, and give me better references. I'll also have a list of questions that I don't want to bother answering because it requires me to look up a few things and I like a variety of phrasing from you guys.

Advice
SPOILER
(1) Drink out of a refillable container, preferable stainless steel.
why?
SPOILER
(1) This will reduce your carbon footprint if you've been drinking out of the same sustainable container in the long run. Drinking water bottles isn't healthy because of the plastic residue left behind when breaking the seal on the cap. Water companies drain well water reserves in small towns. There is very little regulation in the U.S.A for bottled water if it's created within the state, and there's only one person who does testing for bottled water in the F.D.A(person has many other responsibilities as well). There's evidence that says bottled water can significantly contribute towards giving you cancer. Not all plastic bottles are recycled, and they take too long to decompose.
Reference
SPOILER
(1) Look up the documentary TAP.

Questions
SPOILER
How do you eyeball common serving sizes? For example, a deck of cards resembles how many ounces? ping pong ball is how many tablespoons. Those are examples, try and give us common objects people know about to give us a reference on serving sizes.

How do we know if a serving size of a fruit is too large? is there such things as fruits or vegetables on "steroids"? For example serving size of a large or medium banana is Half a banana.

Why should we avoid 100% fruit juices?

How many days a week should we be exercising, and how many hours a day?

Why is eating a variety of foods important for the human body?

is corn oil bad? any better alternatives for cooking, or as a salad dressing?

For every question answered, another will be added, feel free to ask questions about nutrition and health, could be as simple as anything that crosses your mind. For example, Jeeze it's pretty common for me to walk around in a city with a bunch of cars around, could the exhaust from all the cars be harming my health? oh and I commute on the bus a lot, it's pretty loud in there with the bus noises and what not.. could that impair my hearing if i'm a frequent rider?
or something a little more complex.
Faust
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

This is honestly the best advice I have. Really.
Topic Starter
VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Faust wrote:

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

This is honestly the best advice I have. Really.
"why", is that good advice. how is it beneficial towards us?
Reference, (bible quote)

If you're referring towards mental benefits, and finding the right beliefs for yourself. Explain yourself much, much, further.

Please make an effort to read my thread, if there is a miss understanding of what's asked, tell me how I could improve my message to everyone viewing this thread.
Cuddlebun
ugh
roleykatsu

VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

Hey everyone I plan to create legitament threads-
nothing-to-do-here.png
Shohei Ohtani
First, this format is annoying as HELL. If you're set on putting spoilers, then do one spoiler per topic. Right now, it annoys me how I have to open 4 things just to learn about 1 thing. Also,

Second, relevant advice.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
- Matthew 6:25-34

That's pretty much the best advice I could give someone right now. I struggle with worries lall of the time, especially with my family, but I just remember this, and I learn to just live life stress free, for God always has a plan for everyone one of us and will provide for us with what we NEED in life.
Kanye West

VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

Hey everyone I plan to create legitament threads to improve the quality of life for everyone around.
ok bye

edit: roley beat me to it
Vish024

Cuddlebun wrote:

ugh
Fucking spot on.
Mikey
that's right faust, all those tribesmen in papua new guinea are goin straight to hell to burn with extreme and unbearable torture FOR ALL ETERNITY. they do deserve it though, cos they never accepted jesus as their lord and savior (even though they will never learn of jesus or christianity in their life, they still deserve their fate in hell).
Faust
Humanity as an entire race, by default, was destined to Hell because of sin.

Adam and Eve were tempted and instead chose not to trust in God, and thus rebelled by defying his specific command NOT to eat the fruit of the knowledge of Good & Evil.
Notice God what did NOT say? He didn't warn Adam nor Eve because he loved and trusted them, they were the crown of his creation, his children.

And every single human after them has been doomed by the curse of sin, having followed the Devil or Satan therefore being "his children".
Basically that sin relinquished their rights and relationship or intimacy with God their (and our) Father.
We are all broken, you have the history of our world to attest to that.

John 3:16 - " But God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. "

Now Jesus was perfectly human and also, perfectly divine. He was/is born of the Holy Spirit, and of Mary, who was a virgin.
The reason why Jesus was a perfect sacrifice was that no one else could have filled in the role as a sacrificial lamb for ALL of mankind, who had sin utterly and fallen short in everything, He and He alone was blameless, and thus worthy.
those
There is no "sin", but there is destiny.

The only "Hell" you can possibly think of is what we call the universe: "living hell".
Mikey
Right so Eve was punished for her curiosity? because she desired to acquire more knowledge. so let me get this straight, God created Adam and Eve as knowledge seeking beings with their own mind and free will, then tempted them with some "fruit of knowledge of good and evil" and then punishes not only them, but their entire offspring (created through the wonderful act of incest of course) to Hell for all eternity. several centuries later, he realises..hmmm maybe that was a little harsh, I better impregnate a virgin with my own son(also is god + god's son) in some land filled with ancient superstitions, and then have him walk around claiming he is my son. then ill make sure that the humans whip and crucify him, therefore cleansing all of their souls of a harmless act of curiosity that their original ancestor committed which doomed them all to hell.

also i loved how you completely ignored my above post
Faust
No one ever said God tempted them. By the way, if you can read, I never ignored your post. I said "the entire human race" is by default, doomed.

Also, sigh. This will not go anywhere.
Mikey
Sinistro
Please stay on topic, everyone.
Mikey

Faust wrote:

No one ever said God tempted them. By the way, if you can read, I never ignored your post. I said "the entire human race" is by default, doomed.

Also, sigh. This will not go anywhere.
Yes but what im saying is that apparently the only way to be eternally saved is to accept jesus christ, right? ok so what about these people who never even get an opportunity once in their life, to obtain knowledge about jesus christ or even learn of his existance? how can they possibly avoid hell? yet im sure they have their own beautifully logical religion too
ychao
Oh man I lol'd so much at the derail.

Everyone's in the April 1st spirit, I see.