forum

How is pp added to account?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Strikerr
So I've played osu! for about a few months (6 I think now) and there's one thing I don't get

How the hell does it decide how much pp to add to your account?

For example:
10pp play: 1pp added to account
30pp play: 15pp or so added

How does it work?
koemada
i think it depends on your top plays and how much pp is weighted. if its your top play, you’ll probably get all the pp stated that you would get and if its the second top play you have or something it won’t be the exact amount of pp you got, and will depend on your other top plays.
dung eater
Listen in math class to understand this and othrr mysteries of life.
zoklev
how do you play osu for 6 months and not know how pp weightage works?
D_Loomz
Let PP represent each score's individual pp value. PP[i] denotes the _i_th score's pp value, sorted descending, where i ranges from 1 to n, and n is defined as the amount of scores you have.

Total pp = PP[1] * 0.95^0 + PP[2] * 0.95^1 + PP[3] * 0.95^2 + ... + PP[n] * 0.95^(n-1)
Jus21n
It's like koemada said. Your best play is weight at 100% so currently your best play is worth 36 PP and thats what you get added to your total PP. But at the same time your previous top play gets pushed down to 2nd place where it is only weight 95%. So now your originally 30 PP score is only worth 29 PP.
If you hover with your mouse over your PP score you can see how much you actually got for it depending on its position in the list.
Your top play will be weighted at 100% the next one at 95% the third one at 90% and then it gets kinda weird with 86% and 81% and so on.
It's like this so that it's harder to just farm PP and gain ranks. Because only your best plays are ranked at a high percentage the game tries to represent your actual skill instead of your farming ability.

Hope that helped.
Doge Owner
Visit this page for all the details.
show more