forum

Customizing the main menu background [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +120
show more
emergist
Good idea +1
My1_old
has nothing to do with this... @krissHUN
Miya
+1
Customzing my own osu is very fun :D
My1_old
yes it is
ziniman
+1
Wonderful idea :)
GeeNX
+1
theowest
As if your 1+'s and support's make any difference.
Tsukasa

theowest wrote:

Well it would make BATs annoyed and then the Thread will get locked, abandoned, forgotten, then do another request probably in the near future. Votes wasted :D

Though customizing main menu BG would be good. Make main menu show lolis here and there ;)
Sey
+1. I'm gonna support that idea
theowest
VaiL_old
this would be cool... but yet we don't even know if peppy agrees it
Sakura

-Sylvette- wrote:

p/1423179
Mercurial
Bubb.
VaiL_old

Sakura wrote:

-Sylvette- wrote:

p/1423179
oh thx for letting me know sakura :)
Yume_old_old
+1 support >w<
Accelerator-kun

theowest wrote:

Anyway, support.
boat

theowest wrote:

+1 support get mad
Topic Starter
Kert
How about setting background by just moving the image inside osu! window when the menu is shown?
\o/
pan
It would be cool when you can skin it like an normal gameskin just with the background
KuroHari_old
It's a great idea. o:
Hawkii
What an epic idea ...
Can't wait :3
Kimmie
Id personally love this idea. It would be so much more "unique" somehow. Pretty much everyone will have different main menus by then =D
zertap
also approve of this :D I don't have any stars left, but dunno if this even needs more :)
rcmero
Totally support this. Just what I need for my skin to be complete.
Evanlet
Support from me!
Carlos
i dont like it at all, just for say, isnt more eazy just change the colour background? like a little button with an RGB palette wich you can choose your color?
-Athena-

Rock Forever wrote:

i dont like it at all, just for say, isnt more eazy just change the colour background? like a little button with an RGB palette wich you can choose your color?
Do you even understand what is being requested?
Your post also makes very little sense.

Anyways +1 for this.
Homura60
I support That :3
Necro Neko
I like. +3
AmaiHachimitsu
tohsaka better
I know this transcription is acceptable, but still can't stand "oh" instead of "ou". Also +1

I was too lazy to create such topic, good we're all thinking the same way. I'd love to see some refeshment in titlescreen. And there IS a way to put it without breaking any rules or peppy's wishes.

So, why not?
Archangel Tirael
I believe that the main menu of
the game is its "face" and it
should be recognized and,
therefore, permanent,
immutable.
Don-Tan

peppy wrote:

Editing files in data/ is tracked as game modifications and classified in the same bracket as hacking or cheating.

I do have plans on implementing this kind of skinning properly, at some point in the future.
YES!!!
peppy
Added basic support on test build. Please note this feature will only be available to supporters. I know many will not agree with this, but I find it a perfect example of a way to thank those who support this game – which I am always looking to do – without having any effect on gameplay. I'm hoping people will agree with me on this one, and unlike gameplay-related issues I am not going to be budging on this (though feel free to share your thoughts in this thread).

Add file menu-background.jpg to your skin. It scales based on height first, then width if it cannot fill up the whole screen. The optimal resolution is 1366x768, supporting all widescreen resolutions. You *can* use higher than this, but please refrain from going higher than 1600x as it will impact performance of menu loading on lower-end machines.

Mithos
Although I was looking forward to doing this, I think this is the perfect feature to make supporter only.
whit wulf

peppy wrote:

You *can* use higher than this, but please refrain from going higher than 1600x as it will impact performance of menu loading on lower-end machines.
honestly, the chances of someone using anything higher than 1600 on low-end machines aren't very high
ychao
Excellent! Wholeheartedly agree on this being a supporter-only feature (though I am obviously biased), what better way to encourage future supporters as well...

Now I'm just waiting for this to transfer to the normal build :)
peppy

whit wulf wrote:

honestly, the chances of someone using anything higher than 1600 on low-end machines aren't very high
This was aimed at skin creators, who would have their skins used by more than themselves.
whit wulf

peppy wrote:

whit wulf wrote:

This was aimed at skin creators, who would have their skins used by more than themselves.
Would it be possible to implement specific images for certain resolutions then? (for example, if the scaling doesn't do good for the image)

something like menu-background-1920x1080.jpg and so on?
Archangel Tirael
To be honest, a little understood... peppy recalled that the test build only works with support accounts or he said that customization of the main menu will be available only for the supporters in a "normal" build?
peppy
It will be available on public next public release. To supporters.
show more