forum

mental health

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sorcery
Has anyone else experience what I'm about to describe ? If so, how did you fix it?

In short, this game makes me hate myself. I hate how I can't improve, I hate how I've wasted over 500 hours, and I'm still garbage (>50k), I hate how other people make getting better and being good look easy. But I can't stop, those short lived bursts of pleasure chemicals in my brain whenever I do pull off some play that I think is cool, but is actually trash make it impossible to stop. I've tried multiple times over the years, I've tried quitting, I've tried training to get better, I feel like I've tried it all. But this game still manages to make me want to self harm when I realize how bad I am, how much time and effort I've put into it, and how much I want to be better. But simply wanting it isn't enough, I guess in my case trying for hours and hours and practicing for hours and hours isn't enough either. When I see people who are <30K with under 200 hours it makes me really realize how all my hours of practice and effort are worth nothing, because someone who's just naturally not trash can play less then half as long as me and be better. I understand I'm petty, but after so long it all boils over.

Is there anything I can do? Some way to improve I maybe haven't tried ? Clearly "play more" isn't quite good enough, I've "played more" for over 40,000 plays.
- e - v - b-
A few questions for you;

Firstly, it seems like a large part of your playtime was over a year ago, how much of those were retries very early on in the map/very short maps (<1:30)?

Secondly, how often do you challenge yourself while playing? By challenge your self I don't mean playing maps that are completely unplayable for you and you have no hope of passing, i'm talking about maps that you have to struggle to pass (but still can).

Third, what are your playing habits? Things like retrying, types of maps, multiplayer, that sort of stuff.

Fourth, have you read Korilaks "Improvement Guide"?
7ambda
Take a break from the game or change your outlook on how you play it.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play the game helps to improve playing the game.
You did not play to much recently.
If you want boost your ego spam 3*-4* DT maps.
Topic Starter
Sorcery

- e - v - b- wrote:

A few questions for you;

Firstly, it seems like a large part of your playtime was over a year ago, how much of those were retries very early on in the map/very short maps (<1:30)?

Secondly, how often do you challenge yourself while playing? By challenge your self I don't mean playing maps that are completely unplayable for you and you have no hope of passing, i'm talking about maps that you have to struggle to pass (but still can).

Third, what are your playing habits? Things like retrying, types of maps, multiplayer, that sort of stuff.

Fourth, have you read Korilaks "Improvement Guide"?

I'd say quite a few of my plays are from retries and shorter maps. But I've tried retrying less.

I play maps I can just barely pass all the time, it's a decent percentage of my plays now days. Or at least trying to pass maps I can almost pass but can't for one reason or another.

My play habits, I tend to not retry all that much anymore. The types of maps I play varies a lot, but lots of 4.5 to 6* stuff.

I've read it before I'm sure
awsumturtle
Saturation
You have to remember that it's just a game. Not everybody can be a top ten player in a few years. Just play the game for fun for a while, there's nothing wrong with playing it for fun.
elyuli
Pls enjoy game
dung eater
finger control/reading might be fun to practice (stuff you find hard to tap, not because it's fast)
tasteless
Try playing the game not to expect results instantly, but gradually over time.
show more