forum

Can't stream. Help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Geem
I can't stream. I think it's my clicking, since relax seems to show me streaming fine. I can't tell if I need to sort out rhythm or what. Some tips/training to sort out my clicking speed would be very greatly appreciated.
TeachMeTheWay
Same here :(, all I can say is 1. Play more... 2. Try other tapping styles... 3. Stream practice maps.
Seki
You'll get it with practice, just be consistent with your playing and you'll become better at streams. I'm not a standard player, but "clicking" isn't recommended. You're better off using the keyboard in place of your mouse for tapping, you can hit a keyboard a lot faster than you can click.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Practice really slow maps. Tap each circle 1 by 1.
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/207567&m=0 Play the 120bpm using halftime mod. Don't quit the map. Use 2 keys. z x z x z x z x....
If it goes to fast, to read each circle of the map 1 by 1, play 2* and 3* normal maps, when you get better try it again.
If it goes to slow keep trying the map.
ADelicateOrange
Hit-Error Bar = 2x. See where most of your hits are (Left = too early; Right = too late.)

Though, I'm wondering where you're finding streams in your skill area.
Topic Starter
Geem

Seki wrote:

You'll get it with practice, just be consistent with your playing and you'll become better at streams. I'm not a standard player, but "clicking" isn't recommended. You're better off using the keyboard in place of your mouse for tapping, you can hit a keyboard a lot faster than you can click.

Already use the keyboard (S and D). Thanks for the advice though!

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Hit-Error Bar = 2x. See where most of your hits are (Left = too early; Right = too late.)

Though, I'm wondering where you're finding streams in your skill area.

A few 4* maps have them, which is mainly where I'm trying to break through. I have ridiculously low PP for being to play 3* maps very comfortably but hey.

Also, just tried looking at the error bar while playing a longstream map in HT, I can honestly say that that's probably the most helpful tip I've found anywhere :)

Also I found that positioning your cursor in the area just before the next circle to avoid clicking it too early is really helping too.
show more