forum

[resolved] Help with launch. osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NikoMc
Osu! Infinitely updated, what to do?
Death
Please provide the "update.log" file from inside your osu!\Logs folder.
Topic Starter
NikoMc
31.07.2018 8:24:54: Missing DLL files 'discord-rpc.dll', forcing repair
31.07.2018 8:24:55: CallbackStatus updated to Checking
31.07.2018 8:24:55:
31.07.2018 8:24:55: Beginning update thread
31.07.2018 8:24:55: Stream: Stable40
31.07.2018 8:24:55:
31.07.2018 8:24:55: Running cleanup..
31.07.2018 8:24:55: Cleanup successful!
31.07.2018 8:24:55: Requesting update information...
Geromu Keretem
One way of fixing it is to run it as administrator, another is by just uninstalling and installing it again ( your maps are not deleted, you just have to wait for all of them to be processed again). If nothing works. Open your osu, and during installation/update press CTRL + ALT + DEL and then go to the task manager. Find any process that is osu, right click on it and select "End all processes" or "End the process tree". Exit everything and start osu again.
modrei_DELETED
there are 2 options, either get someones discord-rpc.dll (here is mine) and put it in your osu folder or make a new file (text or whatever you want) in your osu folder, change its name to discord-rpc.dll and save it - depends if you want your discord rich presence to work, older operating systems do not support it (win xp..)

updating your osu with admin permissions might work as well
Topic Starter
NikoMc
If I run it on behalf of the administrator - it just crashes, reinstalled tried, 3 way just did not help. Maybe another way?

Geromu Keretem wrote:

One way of fixing it is to run it as administrator, another is by just uninstalling and installing it again ( your maps are not deleted, you just have to wait for all of them to be processed again). If nothing works. Open your osu, and during installation/update press CTRL + ALT + DEL and then go to the task manager. Find any process that is osu, right click on it and select "End all processes" or "End the process tree". Exit everything and start osu again.

Ty "modrei", It help me. I create new file (discord-rpc.dll) And it is help me. Thank You!!
Death

Geromu Keretem wrote:

This is just wrong in a multitude of ways. Running as an administrator has not been found to ever fix this issue.

Reinstalling will definitely not fix this issue. Uninstalling without backing anything up WILL cause you to lose all of your maps, skins, and any other locally stored data.

And force quitting the installer is just... ??

Please read modrei's post.
Topic Starter
NikoMc

modrei wrote:

there are 2 options, either get someones discord-rpc.dll (here is mine) and put it in your osu folder or make a new file (text or whatever you want) in your osu folder, change its name to discord-rpc.dll and save it - depends if you want your discord rich presence to work, older operating systems do not support it (win xp..)

updating your osu with admin permissions might work as well

Thank you modrei, you helped me a lot
show more