forum

Hand “gluing” problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
raccoongamer
Basically, when I play some jump-heavy maps, I started to notice that I need to move my hand a little bit (my specs are 1680*1050 resolution and a 800 dpi mouse), but it is kinda “glued” (I don’t know how to say it in English) to the surface of the table. I mainly play with my wrist, so my hand rests on the table. What can I do about this situation? Do you have any problems similar to this?
ManuelOsuPlayer
Clean it. Increase dpi. Add some arm motions to help aiming.
Vuelo Eluko
smaller area
Topic Starter
raccoongamer

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Clean it. Increase dpi. Add some arm motions to help aiming.

The surface is pretty clean, that’s not the case.

I also think about increasing DPI as the last thing I could do, because it will damage my muscle memory and aim overall.

Adding arm movement also seem like a hardcore way, because I’ll need to hover my hand above the surface, which seems pretty tiring.

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

smaller area

The tablet would also solve the problem by itself, if only I had one.

It seems to me that it's quite early to go for one, so that's not the desired solution as well, sorry.

Anyways, thanks for suggestions!
Topic Starter
raccoongamer
Any other suggestions?
Juuuuuuuuul
baby powder, talc

edit : maybe this :

Topic Starter
raccoongamer

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

baby powder, talc

edit : maybe this :

Well, it seems that you (and probably others) misunderstood me. I wasn’t talking about the palm, but about the forearm. I play mostly with my wrist but an occasional full hand movements are needed, so when I do it halfway through the map, it usually leads to losing the combo (because I need to lift my forearm and move it while moving the wrist as well).
Juuuuuuuuul
long-sleeved clothing
ADelicateOrange
I have it happen all the time, and I just learned how to aim with fingers. What I used to do was pull in the direction of a slider when I started stick.
MrGarebear2000
I think this goes along the lines of mouse drift. This is very common problem and you'll get used to it eventually.
show more