forum

Good mechanical keyboard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ji2zie
Hey guys, i currently have a razer blackwidow chroma as keyboard but because the switches are tactile i thought about getting a new mechanical keyboard with more linear switches. I found the Corsair K63 with Cherry Mx Red switches. Is it good? Or do you have other recommendations? The price should be 100€ max.
KuroganeSuoh
Hmm it actually depends on you to decide. But if it was me I prefer the Cherry Red Switches because they're technically faster/lighter and it's good for streaming but the difference is very minimal and the switch definitely won't hold you back skill-wise.
dung eater
Steelsseries 6gv2 is good for black switches, if you can get it cheap. There's probably some with better price, i can't seem to find this one cheap anymore (no longer manufactured maybe).
Sealio
You can get the Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2 with Razer's new yellow switch now which are linear, if you still want to get a Razer keyboard. These switches are most comparable to Cherry MX's silver speed switches, with the extremely short actuation point of 1.2mm. (Most mechanical switches activate after 2mm) They are also linear. If that interests you over reds it's a good option, although the price of that keyboard is $160 on Amazon right now. A Cherry MX silver keyboard can be as little as $80 from what I've seen.
The Gambler
If you are comfortable with a soldering iron and don't mind losing warranty, you could just always solder an MX Red switch to your Z/X buttons. You don't need an entire keyboard for osu.
7ambda
Get a keyboard with Kailh or Gateron switches. They're made better than Cherry (more tactility, feels smoother, and less scratchy).

Sealio wrote:

You can get the Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2 with Razer's new yellow switch now which are linear, if you still want to get a Razer keyboard. These switches are most comparable to Cherry MX's silver speed switches, with the extremely short actuation point of 1.2mm. (Most mechanical switches activate after 2mm) They are also linear. If that interests you over reds it's a good option, although the price of that keyboard is $160 on Amazon right now. A Cherry MX silver keyboard can be as little as $80 from what I've seen.
Razer isn't known for their good build quality, so I wouldn't recommend them. Also, mx silver is entirely preferential. From personal experience, the smaller actuation distance tends to lead to more mistypes.
The Gambler
show more