forum

[Proposal - osu!taiko] Related with Authentic Patterns

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
arien666
Hello here, maybe someone want to make authentic pattern on this game but there's not so much rules/guidelines on ranking criteria so I posted this thread.
And right, TaikOsu doesn't fit in these days :(
So

Glossary

1. Authentic Pattern: The pattern that is same as pattern on actual Taiko no Tatsujin game.
  2. Custom Pattern: The pattern which made by osu! user so that does not exist on actual Taiko no Tatsujin game.

Rule

1. Taiko-only mapset should have at least one custom pattern. If this rule doesn't exist, anyone can copy patterns from Taiko no Tatsujin game and make them ranked. If Hybrid mapset, custom diff may not exist.
  2. If song is Taiko no Tatsujin original song such as Saitama 2000, make sure that source is "Taiko no Tatsujin". For example, "Ignis Danse" is on TnT, jubest, maimai and GROOVE COASTER but official source is TnT so this rule affects.
  3. Do not write just "Taiko no Tatsujin" on Artist. There is actual artist of the song and try to find who made that song.

Guideline

1. If Authentic Pattern(s) is(are) made, add "Custom" on difficulty name for Custom Pattern(s) This helps user not confusing between authentic and custom.[/b]

/me waits for other opinions
tatatat
hi. I made a map with an authentic theme, but uhh... I think its possible to make an authentic feeling map without straight up ripping patterns. With a little bit of research, you can understand what makes a map feel authentic, and make your own map.
Topic Starter
arien666

tatatat wrote:

hi. I made a map with an authentic theme, but uhh... I think its possible to make an authentic feeling map without straight up ripping patterns. With a little bit of research, you can understand what makes a map feel authentic, and make your own map.

Yeah right, Making authentic feeling map without straight up ripping patterns would be okay as they are not same as original patterns on TnT. In that case, that can be called as custom patterns.
However there would be people who just copy patterns from TnT and make them ranked so this is why that rule is proposed.
So...

1. Song that was not appeared on TnT + Any kind of maps = OK
  2. Song that was appeared on TnT(Regardless licensed song or not) + Only Authentic Patterns = NG
  3. Song that was appeared on TnT + Authentic Patterns + 1 or more of Custom Patterns = OK
  4. Song that was appeared on TnT + Only Custom Patterns = OK

Also, Authentic feeling map is very good for mappers and osu!taiko users but plagiarizing Authentic Patterns and insisting modder/BN that these are Custom Patterns would not be good SERIOUSLY. Therefore, this thread aims for making rules/guidelines for Authentic Patterns handled.
OzzyOzrock
i want all my maps to be yuugen no ran oni
Topic Starter
arien666

OzzyOzrock wrote:

i want all my maps to be yuugen no ran oni

lol no.

Anyway, If there's no opposite opinion or suggestions, '3'/
DeletedUser_1981781
Was this post written in 2018 or 2008? :roll:

marksman666 wrote:

Taiko-only mapset should have at least one custom pattern. If this rule doesn't exist, anyone can copy patterns from Taiko no Tatsujin game and make them ranked. If Hybrid mapset, custom diff may not exist.
You can't add authentic Taiko diffs to hybrids mapsets neither nowadays, this has been handled like this since 2012.

marksman666 wrote:

If song is Taiko no Tatsujin original song such as Saitama 2000, make sure that source is "Taiko no Tatsujin". For example, "Ignis Danse" is on TnT, jubest, maimai and GROOVE COASTER but official source is TnT so this rule affects.
Do not write just "Taiko no Tatsujin" on Artist. There is actual artist of the song and try to find who made that song.
Again, metadata check has been preventing this to happen for years now.

marksman666 wrote:

If Authentic Pattern(s) is(are) made, add "Custom" on difficulty name for Custom Pattern(s) This helps user not confusing between authentic and custom.[/b]
No need for this rule because authentic maps are currently unrankable.

EDIT: In case you are wondering, your mapset for "Xa" is unrankable, if you are aiming for rank you have to remove all authentic diffs from the mapset.
Hope it helps.

EDIT2:

tatatat wrote:

With a little bit of research, you can understand what makes a map feel authentic, and make your own map.
Lol, you weren't even born when arken started playing Taiko. :p
tatatat

ARGENTINE DREAM wrote:

Was this post written in 2018 or 2008? :roll:

marksman666 wrote:

Taiko-only mapset should have at least one custom pattern. If this rule doesn't exist, anyone can copy patterns from Taiko no Tatsujin game and make them ranked. If Hybrid mapset, custom diff may not exist.
You can't add authentic Taiko diffs to hybrids mapsets neither nowadays, this has been handled like this since 2012.

marksman666 wrote:

If song is Taiko no Tatsujin original song such as Saitama 2000, make sure that source is "Taiko no Tatsujin". For example, "Ignis Danse" is on TnT, jubest, maimai and GROOVE COASTER but official source is TnT so this rule affects.
Do not write just "Taiko no Tatsujin" on Artist. There is actual artist of the song and try to find who made that song.
Again, metadata check has been preventing this to happen for years now.

marksman666 wrote:

If Authentic Pattern(s) is(are) made, add "Custom" on difficulty name for Custom Pattern(s) This helps user not confusing between authentic and custom.[/b]
No need for this rule because authentic maps are currently unrankable.

EDIT: In case you are wondering, your mapset for "Xa" is unrankable, if you are aiming for rank you have to remove all authentic diffs from the mapset.
Hope it helps.

EDIT2:

tatatat wrote:

With a little bit of research, you can understand what makes a map feel authentic, and make your own map.
arken? who dat.. meanie.. >_<
Okoratu
Taking beatmaps from other games and porting them over is essentially beatmap stealing
do not steal beatmaps it's against the community rules

1st rule proposed becomes unnecessary with this
2nd rule is a basic metadata thing that should not belong onto the taiko criteria and is already covered
3rd rule is a basic metadata thing that should not belong onto the taiko criteria and is already covered there

the guideline doesnt syntactically make sense as english
i dont know what you're trying to say
Vulkin
What if the beatmap is inspired by an authentic beatmap? Not the exact same, but with a similar feeling...
realy0_
would agree with oko here as you can consider as beatmap stealing if it exactly reproduce a certain pattern
but no ones really want to just doing searching on a another game outside of osu! to know what's a autentic pattern so better trying to clarify the current stealing map rule than making a new rule from a another video game which could be very confusing
Okoratu
being inspired by !== taking an authentic difficulty / that is fine.

Plagiarism is a matter as well, but you cant really do much with that on certain songs in a 1D game mode - but i overall dont think this needs to be handled too strictly
OnosakiHito
Oh, hey arken. It's been a long time!

Namco itself contacted osu! years ago and said we are not allowed to use their authentic maps - using their songs is fine though. For the rest, we have already well working regulations and rules and don't need to regulate what kind of patterns you have to use. You can refer to the other posts from this thread.

Also nowadays, beatwise-mapping is the more dominant way of mapping while vocal- and improvised(authentic)-mapping is the minority, so the danger of copies is very small anyway since the interest is very small. Especially the latter one which you were concerned about. To be honest, I would rather encourage people to check out authentic maps and learn from them. Haha
pishifat
given what okoratu and onosakihito said, there is no use for ranking criteria ruling about og taiko map patterns

archived
Topic Starter
arien666

Okoratu wrote:

Taking beatmaps from other games and porting them over is essentially beatmap stealing
do not steal beatmaps it's against the community rules

1st rule proposed becomes unnecessary with this
2nd rule is a basic metadata thing that should not belong onto the taiko criteria and is already covered
3rd rule is a basic metadata thing that should not belong onto the taiko criteria and is already covered there

the guideline doesnt syntactically make sense as english
i dont know what you're trying to say

OnosakiHito wrote:

Oh, hey arken. It's been a long time!

Namco itself contacted osu! years ago and said we are not allowed to use their authentic maps - using their songs is fine though. For the rest, we have already well working regulations and rules and don't need to regulate what kind of patterns you have to use. You can refer to the other posts from this thread.

Also nowadays, beatwise-mapping is the more dominant way of mapping while vocal- and improvised(authentic)-mapping is the minority, so the danger of copies is very small anyway since the interest is very small. Especially the latter one which you were concerned about. To be honest, I would rather encourage people to check out authentic maps and learn from them. Haha

Checked and now Taiko-authentic patterns(100% same) are unrankable. This is okay :)

ARGENTINE DREAM wrote:

Yeah, I stopped using this account about 5 years and I confused about this. Sorry for all :(
show more