forum

Rank 230k, want to improve by the end of the summer, but I feel like I'm not improving?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
stuy
Hi, so I know there may be a lot of posts similar to this, but I feel like my situation may be a bit unique, but others may share it too.

I started playing osu! actively about 70 days ago (just looking at my profile progression, since I was like rank 3 million 70 days ago). About 2-3 weeks ago I was rank 270k and now I'm 229k. I noticed I have improved a lot because maps that I scored C's in, I re-played them and got a much better accuracy. My overall accuracy increased from 87% to 92% overtime.

I play maps around 4-4.5 stars, and sometimes I attempt 5 star maps. I believe that I can beat some 5 star maps (I have already). I also only have about 900 beatmaps, which I think is really low? When I say I have 900, I also am including different difficulties for the same song. I never play any map under 4 stars whenever I download them. I can FC some maps after a couple of tries at 3-4 stars, I can't FC that many maps above 4 stars. There are some 3-4 star maps that I just can't pass with above a C, and I play a lot of 5 star maps but I get shitty scores.

I recently hit 1,000 pp today, and my goal is to get better and better and increase my pp. Here are some questions I have:

1) What difficulty (stars) should I be playing at my rank?
2) How do I actually go about improving so that I can eventually beat 6 star maps (such as The Big Black?)

I know everyone is always like "just play to have fun and you'll improve overtime!", and I get that, I have fun when I play osu, but I also like to set short goals for myself. And I want to set myself up for success in the long run.

Thanks
Colm
play more
RamenBucket
The fastest way to improve at osu is to consistently play every single day. Try to get at least 1-2 hours (if you can) of play time every day and structure your sessions so that you cover many different elements. (Jumps, streams, reading etc.)

To answer your questions: keep playing 3-4 stars for now, but an easy 5* every once in a while won't hurt. As for beating the big black, well, u just gotta keep grinding.

Also download more maps so u have more variety of songs to practice.
NeKroMan4ik
You can't build house without base. Don't rush diffs and try to fc 3* with >95% acc before moving further, you don't improve if you are just surviving 5* and passing them with terrible acc. Nobody plays even 4.5* at 61hrs.

1. 3.5*
2. Play more Download more maps, practice jumps, streams, rhythm sense, etc, you can't become Cookiezi in one day.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Since maps have very different patterns, for right now you should play a lot of different maps and different star ratting. As eveyone else you will be good a one map styles and really bad at others so you have to chose the star ratting based on how your performance is on similar stuff you alreayd played.
For example if you're good at jump anime maps, you shoudl play them around 5* but if your stream sucks you should play 3* maps with streams, doubles and triples and not to 5* stream maps.
The Gambler
It also helps if you like the songs you play. Mine started with obscure VN openings back in '13.

I feel old...
DXPOHIHIHI

NeKroMan4ik wrote:

You can't build house without base. Don't rush diffs and try to fc 3* with >95% acc before moving further, you don't improve if you are just surviving 5* and passing them with terrible acc. Nobody plays even 4.5* at 61hrs.

1. 3.5*
2. Play more Download more maps, practice jumps, streams, rhythm sense, etc, you can't become Cookiezi in one day.

Yeah you cant just like move on to the second floor without adding furnitures and paint to the wall (play maps u can fc)
kai99
i was 1500pp by 150 horus so i mean like play 90 more hours

have at least 5k maps

download BEATMAP PACKS
show more