forum

Remove Flashlight and Hidden Score multiplier from taiko Mod

posted
Total Posts

Your opinion about "remove taiko Hid/FL score multiplier" ?

Yes
34.98%
No
36.25%
Remove-Flashlight only
28.78%
Total votes: 629
show more
-Athena-

SpIritisTz wrote:

taiko is just a game or what._.

so, I say ‘No’
Erm.. That attitude will never make this game improve lol
KinomiCandy
Removing Hidden would break my heart. It really would.

Deleting Flashlight would be a solution to stop DS, I don't mind that.
DS players like zakoPPsh and lolitype, I seriously had enough of them already.
kriers
Removing something because of cheaters is the wrong solution. Never let cheaters decide how a game should be!
XK2238
>Make Flashlight's multiplier = 1.00x (like Sudden Death)
>If necessary, put Flashlight in the Special category (at least it's useful to fill in the empty spaces between Relax and Auto)

Done
Apocalypse_old

-A t H e N a- wrote:

SpIritisTz wrote:

taiko is just a game or what._.

so, I say ‘No’
Erm.. That attitude will never make this game improve lol

If you think 'Remove Flashlight and Hidden Score multiplier from taiko Mod' is the Improve, then forget what I say._.
Yuzeyun

kriers wrote:

Removing something because of cheaters is the wrong solution. Never let cheaters decide how a game should be!
And yet I forgot to say this. If we delete Flashlight, we lose challenge. That mod deserved a x1,12 (x1,19 in the past afaik) but cheaters abusing it would just make the mod VOID ?

Also

KinomiCandy wrote:

Removing Hidden would break my heart. It really would.

Deleting Flashlight would be a solution to stop DS, I don't mind that.
DS players like zakoPPsh and lolitype, I seriously had enough of them already.
Not to mention Tenshi... Though he stopped it, lulz
roufou
FL is my favorite mod...Obviously I hate what's most voted here

...And HR+HD isn't impossible without DS and memorasation.
blacksymbian

XK2238 wrote:

>If necessary, put Flashlight in the Special category (at least it's useful to fill in the empty spaces between Relax and Auto)

Done
Actually this is a good idea. FL remains and players won't have to abuse flashlight for DS.
lepidopodus
Quite old bait, huh.

Yeah this so-called 'double screen' trick is quite old, but still works quite well cause we can't catch it. quite easy to mal-use it.

EDIT:
Cannot pass it without Korean translation cause there are already Japanese and Chinese translation. Hey lots of Korean guys are contributing osu! Taiko too.

*pokes dvorak*

Below is Korean translate based on English writing on 1st post.
-----------

태고에서 히든 모드와 플래시라이트 모드의 점수 가산점을 없애는 것에 대해서 어떻게 생각하십니까?

우선, 듀얼 스크린(주: 한 스크린은 히든/플래시라이트를 적용하고 다른 스크린은 모드를 걸지 않은 상태로 플레이하는 기법. 이렇게 하면 히든/플래시라이트 모드를 적용한 채로 사실상 보면을 다 보면서 플레이 할 수 있음.)을 사용하는 것을 막을 수가 없고, 태고에서 듀얼 스크린을 사용하는 것은 너무 쉽습니다.
(예, 많은 분들이 정상적으로 플레이하는 것은 알지만 슬프게도 모두 그렇지는 못합니다.)

만약 점수 가산이 없어지게 되면 태고 모드의 모든 히든/플래시라이트 사용 점수는 리셋됩니다. 예외는 없습니다.

히든/플래시라이트 모드 자체는 남을 것이지만, 추가 점수는 더 이상 존재하지 않을 것입니다.
Backfire

XK2238 wrote:

Done
Best idea ever.
Necro Neko

XK2238 wrote:

I agree!
Tenshi

_Gezo_ wrote:

Not to mention Tenshi... Though he stopped it, lulz
Oh, that's me.

But hey, I'm all for this. (ノ゚ω゚)ノ
OnosakiHito

XK2238 wrote:

Yeah, got the same idea here, so I agree with this.
It's easier in this way as any other.
NeoRainier
But the question in the poll....for HD/FL it means HD+FL or HD & FL?
Because if it is HD+FL i completely agree....but if both of them will be nullified i'll go rage lol.

PS: .....maybe i can close an eye if it's involved just FL.

PPS: HD+HR is impossible, unless there's a x0.75 or lower SV (or the bpm are really low)
JhowM
What if Hidden/Flashlight worked same way as Sudden Death/No Fail, Hard Rock/Easy and Double Time/Half Time ?
blacksymbian
I suggest to just let the Hidden remains as it is and change FL's score multiplier to x1.0.
Makar

NeoRainier wrote:

PPS: HD+HR is impossible, unless there's a x0.75 or lower SV (or the bpm are really low)
It's not impossible, but very hard.
Besides this bug should be getting fixed soon.
XK2238

JhowM wrote:

What if Hidden/Flashlight worked same way as Sudden Death/No Fail, Hard Rock/Easy and Double Time/Half Time ?
Sounds good, but the "Stealth" sensation of Taiko will vanish then. :| (Wait, HD+HR would suffice in high enough SV)

Also, there'll be a few problems for scores with HD+FL+[other], since it forcibly nullifies either the HD or FL, and that the game can't just randomly go killing one of them (or choose which to nullify), because it may anger pure (in this case, fair) HD+FL players, like Kurisuchianu.

MY #1 IN "GAME OF LIFE" WILL BE IN DANGER!!! #rage

NeoRainier wrote:

Not impossible if you can kill your time by progressively remembering all the notes AS you go with each play.
Zekira
Really now?

Well reading this topic was a complete waste of time, lol...
-Athena-
The poll results are Almost completely even.. This will never reach a conclusion...
MoonLight N
i only want to know whether OSU! will be ended by Peppy ? Please tell me the truth (poor english sorry orz....)
NeoRainier

XK2238 wrote:

NeoRainier wrote:

Not impossible if you can kill your time by progressively remembering all the notes AS you go with each play.
Well, in that way it's just HD+FL v2.0
XK2238

NeoRainier wrote:

Well, in that way it's just HD+FL v2.0
Or you can try playing with the ultimate HD+FL discovered by me. :3
TURN THE MONITOR OFF! ASDFGHJKL

This post is out of topic. Well, at least I posted.
PuchiPuriYuushi
Please don't.
Yuzeyun
Instead, why not make a *1,09 Stealth mod and cancel the addition of HD and FL? js

HR+ST would be only *1,15, less than HR+DT.
Marifune-kun
no more double screen cheaters!
XK2238

_Gezo_ wrote:

Instead, why not make a *1,09 Stealth mod and cancel the addition of HD and FL? js

But what effect will it produce? Similar to HD+FL but with clearly visible environment, or? :o
Yuzeyun

XK2238 wrote:

_Gezo_ wrote:

But what effect will it produce? Similar to HD+FL but with clearly visible environment, or? :o

Yeah. And it will also induce LESS lag (FL uses more stuff, which induces lag) like if you had X2 + HD + HR.

Like in StepMania.
Noobita
lol
XK2238

_Gezo_ wrote:

Yeah. And it will also induce LESS lag (FL uses more stuff, which induces lag) like if you had X2 + HD + HR.

Like in StepMania.
StepMania :/
#headbulb lights on
How about Dark mod? The receptor's gone, and it gives 1.03x. Seems legit :v
Yuzeyun

XK2238 wrote:

How about Dark mod? The receptor's gone, and it gives 1.03x. Seems legit :v
Nope. That mod is damn easy when you know the rythm...

And let's not derail, it's about the deletion of HID and FL.
Ill kill you all if you reset / remove my FL scores in taiko.. some of those took me days to complete and just because someone cheats. Doesn't mean My LEGIT score is going away.. that is seriously bs.
kaxaru
oh wow~
mliencheng
remove FL scores ~
roufou
Y'know how everyone wins? (...aside from DSers)

Remove the ability to use FL+HD at the same time in taiko and ctb and keep it in osureg, shouldn't be impossible considering how the score multiplier for hard rock is higher in ctb than osureg and taiko, there, no one can use DS and people can use FL and HD legit.

(okay, I don't really care, Im just suggesting something better than removing a mod alltogether)
MMzz
it's a game, people are gonna cheat. SOmething you gotta live with. :(
At least my HDFL/HDHR are legit. (easy songs big yeah~!~!~!)

Also, why are you voting to remove flashlight? It's a fun mod ._.

This thread makes me sad.
You people care about #1 to much.
Pheon

Ill kill you all if you reset / remove my FL scores in taiko.. some of those took me days to complete and just because someone cheats. Doesn't mean My LEGIT score is going away.. that is seriously bs.
Days? Try months ._.

Thing is, it's a fun mod, but at this point I really can't tell what's legit and what's not anymore. I dislike cheaters, but it shouldn't take away the fun for the legit players.
Apricot
その前にODをMAX7にしましょう(提案)
XK2238
I only care for grades (platinum ftw!) actually, so I'm going neutral in this case. :| I rarely play FL though, being stuck to HD
Yuzeyun

MMzz wrote:

You people care about #1 to much.
That's the problem ! Plus I've NEVER seen an online game with >1000k players without any cheaters. Lose your #1 because of a DSer, deal with it. It's not like it would be the ONLY one you'll ever get !

(If I really cared about my #1 I'd have like 300 already lololol)
show more