forum

Spectate/Follow a Spectator [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I sometimes want to follow a certain spectator as he/she spectates things. To do this though, I need to check what player he/she is watching, and if he/she switches players, I need to keep on checking and switching, which becomes a hassle.

As a solution, I suggest than when you spectate a person who is spectating, you spectate the same person that they are spectating until they do some other activity like spectate another person or play a map, in which case you would follow.
-Athena-
I never knew you were a stalker as well :3 +1
TheVileOne
This is a good idea. I might have a better one that I might prefer though.
benguin
This idea seems interesting, I wouldn't mind seeing it be implemented. It's kinda scary how it'd be like taking stalkerdom to a new level (O)>

I'm just hoping we don't get ~too~ carried away with what capabilities in spectator mode, we'd need to draw the line somewhere. Like imagine being able to spectate someone while they're at the main menu, or in song select, or while mapping, or in settings, or in a chat in which you are not a part of x.X, or their current location on the osu website. And if you were spectating someone who was spectating someone, you could transitively see the above mentioned of the person you are indirectly spectating. Sounds scary, lol.
Wishy
This feature is already added on several games where you can spectate games and it's quite good.
Uncle Buly
this is handy when spectating someone and then they start spectating and I have no idea why no music is playing anymore