forum

How often does your gear break?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shellghost

DeathxShinigami wrote:

This thread had silentkiller written all over it...
Not really.

Also, I've never broken anything. Stop getting upset over osu!, people.
dNextGen

Shellghost wrote:

I've never broken anything. Stop getting upset over osu!, people.
Soulclenz
i've been using the same keyboard since the first computer i bought.
Mashley
Like every other flippin week lol, and I don't even play osu any more.
-Athena-
<<< not a top player, no right to give comment
Vish024
Never really broken anything, aside from a speaker which obstructed my mouse while I was playing. I don't know, maybe some of the top players might replace their eyes and hands occasionally due to the enormous strain they must endure by the way they play. Or maybe I'm just saying that because I can't play the game very well whatsoever due to strain.
silmarilen
back when i used cheap lame ass mouses they used to do funny things after a while, but now i have a decent mouse and never have problems with it, also i never had problems with keyboard.
thelewa
Telling the truth, no matter how furiously you play, your keyboard or mouse or tablet or whatever won't break. (Maybe one or two buttons in your keyboard will start acting funky after half a year of furious playing)

They break when you rage.
Shellghost

ragelewa wrote:

They break when you smack your tablet on the edge of your desk and throw it and the pen out the window. True story.
kriers
my mouse still isn't affected by 7 months of daily abuse
ychao
I'm sure this applies to every other game/application as well, good (or actually, any half-decent) gear is meant to last - at least for a good while.
Unless you're actually hellbent on breaking them, then chances are you'll succeed.

I'd be horrified to even think of replacing my mouse/kb/tablet every few months or so. :o

Of course, this might be different for pro players. Read: Sarcasm.
Topic Starter
theLiminator
I'd be sad if my gear broke in a year, but that probably won't happen to me. My keyboard better last much longer than that, as I bought mech just for that reason. My mouse, I'm not so sure about XD. But I certainly hope it lasts too.
Elysion

ragelewa wrote:

Telling the truth, no matter how furiously you play, your keyboard or mouse or tablet or whatever won't break. (Maybe one or two buttons in your keyboard will start acting funky after half a year of furious playing)

They break when you rage.
Yeah, or when you single tap too much... QQ "x" key

Anyway, if you have good gears, it won't break... but if it's shitty, every 2-3 months I guess.
Backfire
The other day I almost threw my keyboard into my monitor from anger.
But never. I take care of my shit. Stop being such monsters, these things have feelings too.
Octopus_old_1
Not a top player but still--osu isn't a game where you use a hammer on your keyboard and mouse. If you had a serious problem about breaking keyboards because your a buff ass mofo and you bench 400lbs...get a mechanical keyboard. Mechanical keyboards last forever. As for a mouse, get a mouse that doesn't cost $5.00, like a microsoft intelimouse. Read reviews.
Rena-chan
In the three years I've played osu!, the only thing I've had to replace has been the nib in my stylus due to the usual wear and tear.
I tried to replace the whole stylus out of laziness, but then I realized that the new one had the same problem as my old stylus did when it was new, and kept locking up because I tap at some weird angles a lot of the time. Does that count as having broken my stylus to make it work better ?
I don't know.
... poor quality stuff breaks easily...
in my... well, september 2011 till december, the crappy mouse which came with the hp computer broke, left key n right key don't press properly =/, from january this year till now, i went through 4 pen-heads on the tablet =D, since it keeps rubbing the point away xD!!
(then a bunch of crap from other games... broke keyboard twice (arrow keys busted cause of pressing em too fast...), computer fried once, (cause of keeping a game open to open shop for 4 months...) xD

note of advice...

don't buy stuff from chinese flea markets
Mismagius
took me 1.5 years for my tablet to stop working - that was because my dumb classmate started fucking up the pen and throwing it everywhere
Daru
Maid of Fire.

Also, never broken anything that's not supposed to be replaced after normal use (like nips, etc.)
Rena-chan

Daru wrote:

Maid of Fire.
\:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD/

SPOILER
We need to multiplayer soon. I'm going to give you so many Maid of Fire flashbacks.
Niko
I threw my mouse at a wall a few times after I played some maps for like, 3hrs nonstop and still didn't get my FC.

But it's perfectly fine.

<3 Logitech
Mismagius

Daru wrote:

Maid of Fire.

Also, never broken anything that's not supposed to be replaced after normal use (like nips, etc.)

I almost did what the Stepmania kid did.
those

Blue Dragon wrote:

Daru wrote:

Maid of Fire.

I almost did what the Stepmania kid did.
"GOD PIECE OF SHIT, I guess I'm retired now"
thelewa

Niko- wrote:

I threw my mouse at a wall a few times after I played some maps for like, 3hrs nonstop and still didn't get my FC.

But it's perfectly fine.

<3 Logitech
My MX518 can take any kind of punishment

even the end of the world won't destroy it
Sander-Don
I never broke a mouse, keyboard, or tablet while playing osu!, or any other game.
I really wonder how people do it. o:
mathexpert
By no means a pro, but my cheap mouse broke after 6 months of osu (mouse only). Not sure if it broke because of osu, but it probably sped it up anyways.
YodaSnipe

Blue Dragon wrote:

took me 1.5 years for my tablet to stop working - that was because my dumb classmate started fucking up the pen and throwing it everywhere
shouldn't let your classmate f**k your pen ... unless she's female /then nvm

aaaanyways I'm not "top players" but I'm pretty good, at least I like to think I'm awesome... and been tablet player for like 5 or 6 months now, anddd I'm due for a new one. Also gone through three pens... not the pens fault, completely mine, and partly the walls fault....
ztrot
I've been threw 3 mice this razor death adder is a replacement one to the one that caught fire
those
I've broken...headphones before. Does that count?
YodaSnipe
OH YEAH I broke mine too....
Backfire

those wrote:

I've broken...headphones before. Does that count?
I stepped on mine and snapped them in half. Now i'm using some pieces of shit that are supposed to be considered headphones.
YodaSnipe
I just used tape <3
Daru

ztrot wrote:

... replacement one to the one that caught fire
You're playing osu! wrong.
Or completely right; I can't decide.
Sanae Kochiya
My Brokecounter
4 Headsets
3 Mouses
1 Keyboard (streams ftw)
pielak213
­
Capricore
I don't think your 'gears' will break from playing unless you hit it out frustration, you spilled liquids on it out of frustration, you just plain break it out of frustration. And well, it will break eventually even though you did nothing of the sort stated above if the quality is CRAP.
ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ
maal

pielak213 wrote:

http://puu.sh/ndD7
my keyboard+tablet is fine after all that

My headphones is naturally breaking though, I use tissues and duct tape to keep it together...it cost 10 dollars and last for 2 year :D
Am I stupid if I don't know that program? PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT IS.

Also, none. I haven't broken any gear from 3 years of osu!
Nekoroll

ztrot wrote:

I've been threw 3 mice this razor death adder is a replacement one to the one that caught fire
But we know how you treat your things, ztrot. :( Or rather, what they "accidentally" get into.

I've been using my $25 keyboard heavily since the day I bought it 4 or so years ago. My tablet is still great as well even after 6 years. Only real blemish on it is the cover sheet is a little worn where I do spins in the center but that's the only time the surface and the pen make contact. I haven't broken or worn any of the pen nibs either. It's great. :3
eIohim
Hard drives, I break one every two months.