forum

So I changed my username, and here's why

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
So, my username used to be AsrielDr33murr. I've changed it for a few reasons.

1. On account of me recently starting HRT - which is a new beginning for me - I don't wanna constantly be reminded of my past experiences through a username.

2. I think it sounds cute, and wolves are my favorite animal, so why not?

3. I'm don't play undertale as much as I used to (on account of me beating it multiple times), so I figured I'd better let someone else take the username that's a more devoted undertale player.

4. To kinda distance myself from subpar guest difficulties and maps that I created when I was still very much a noob.

My new short name for GD's is gonna be either Wolfette or Wolfie. Depends which one I feel like sticking with.

Thank you for reading and have a great day! :)

Definition of HRT for non trans: [google:1337]Transgender MTF HRT[/google:1337]
OzzyOzrock
Great
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Great
thx
Tae
When you get exiled from OT so you have to post it here.

1) Yes but why do we need to know that. You're bringing a lot more attention (potentially unwanted) to yourself by stating that you're MTF.
2) Why not just Wolfette (bit of an odd name but thats just me)
3) Okay, that's valid
4) From subpar to subpar
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Tae wrote:

When you get exiled from OT so you have to post it here.

1) Yes but why do we need to know that. You're bringing a lot more attention (potentially unwanted) to yourself by stating that you're MTF.
2) Why not just Wolfette (bit of an odd name but thats just me)
3) Okay, that's valid
4) From subpar to subpar
1. Cause MTF is a part of me. I'm fine with stating I'm trans, I just don't wanna be reminded of my male life. If people think I'm cis female, that's neglecting a big part of my character and my story arc.

2. I might change it eventually. We'll see.

4. Yeah, but if I'm rating my maps on a scale, they've gone from like a 1-2/10 to a 4/10. I think that's a pretty significant difference. (Compare my 2016 and early 2017 maps to the ones I have now).
Tae
1) Thats your own choice, but I would personally state it on your profile as opposed to having it in your username (as you currently do), where anyone who cares enough to want to know about you is able to see it. That's your own choice though, I'm not about to force anything.

2) Cool, no problems here. Could be improved, as it's rather basic in it's current state, but, again, my own opinion.

3) Idk about other modes because I never learnt them, but your std mapping is... odd currently. Mainly structural issues, but none of the other modes really require that so I can see why to some extent.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
My standard mapping is always shit.

Haven't gotten mods in months. I only slightly improved cause I started trying to make maps that were fun for me to play (rather than trying to rigidly follow flow and stuff exactly). I kinda learned a bit more about jumps from pishifat as well.

My mania and CTB mapping is decent tho
Tae
Repeated practice is the only way you're going to improve. Keep doing what you're doing and the old bad maps can be deleted once you've improved. Again, I'm only speaking for standard as that's all I know, though I guess it applies to other modes too.

Speaking from experience here, I've been mapping for a year and my mapping actually looks okay now.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
I will defintely keep at it. I've always wanted to make handsome quality maps, or at the very least, get a loved map.
Ephemeral
if you didnt want to be reminded of your male life you wouldn't have put an abbreviation for male to female in your username.

you do you, just don't try to pretend you're not doing it for attention, okay?
Pachiru
nice video
-mint-
A more devoted undertale player should take the username that you had for a long time and is super unique in its character combination, yeah it would be a pretty dang coincidence if that happened
Achromalia

qqqant wrote:

A more devoted undertale player should take the username that you had for a long time and is super unique in its character combination, yeah it would be a pretty dang coincidence if that happened
To an extent. It'd be somewhat improbable, but definitely possible.

OT: I'm rather indifferent to the name change. You're still you.