forum

Comboswitch

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
Well, I searched, but did not found any related topic, so here is my idea.

As I was playing with my friend I noticed it could be really fun if there were mode to switch the combomultiplicator off. This would mean that 300 points really means 300 points and not more because of a high combo. Why would I request such a thing which seems to be rather stupid? Well, it would only make sense in Multiplayer (Singleplayer is for highscores). Everybody makes mistakes, right? And in Multiplayer it can happen during a lenghty song, that you make a mistake and don't hit the beat, combo gone and most probably you lose to the partner, because if he gets some more beats right with his high combo, the opponent will need a hell of a time to get that much points, although he wasn't that much worse than him. It just was one mistake.

With the Combowitch, you could turn the combo off, and the victory would depend on the accuracy altogether and not when the first mistake comes.
I'd like to play that way as an alternative.

Ah yes: I am not considering this as a "power-up" for Multiplayer, so I opened a new thread. I hope it is alright.
YoshiKart
I like this; it's very interesting.

Maybe as an unranked mod for fun? Definitely a good mod to be used for multi. :)
LuigiHann
I think peppy is planning to implement more multiplayer modes, and this was one of them
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
If that is the case, then I am terribly sorry that i overlooked it in the lists. But this would also make me happy to hear that it will come sooner or later. :D
peppy
You can use relax in the mean time to achieve the 0x multiplier, but I do agree that this should be a MP mod/mode.
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
Glad to hear that. ;)
Until then, I'll use Relax.
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy

An64fan wrote:

Peppy, you know relax doesn't hand out a score at all. XD

I like this idea. Would allow one to play with more emphasis on strong gameplay in general rather than "Let's see how long we can go without breaking a combo."
It does in multiplayer, which is what we are talking about here.

Also any interesting/unique names for this mod?
ThePassingShadow
I really don't like this idea much, but I just won't use it in Multi if it's added.

As for a name...

You might call this mod ... Hmm, that's tough.

Maybe like '300s' or something, for the 300s you'd earn, but... Eh. Or maybe 'Comboless' or 'Add Mode' because your points are just added and not multiplied...
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
Is Comboswitch not a fitting name? I mean it does switch the combo on and off...
peppy
None of the abovementioned names work. Comboswitch is not correct because combo will still be displayed. All that is happening is the scoring method is being changed. The *multiplier* is being switched to 0x, not the combo.
kingcobra52
Hmm...maybe 'Accuracy', since without a combo multiplier, whoever has the highest accuracy will win?
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
Multiplierswitch? XD

Actually Accuracy Mode from Kingcobra sounds good enough in my opinion.
rekka_zan
Trying to come up with a name, hmmm... how about...
Zero Multiplier?
Multiplier Off?
Or just simply add a menu for Multiplier and radio buttons to turn it on/off.
ThePassingShadow
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
K2J
How about "0x Mode", mostly so fellow programmers can pronounce it as "Hexadecimal Mode"?
LuigiHann
Why would this be a mod? If it's just for multiplayer (and imo it should just be for multiplayer), then it could just be a multiplayer game type.
YoshiKart
I guess if someone wanted it for personal use in local scores, we could have it as a mod so it could be used in single player, and in all the special game modes and multiplayer.