forum

I can't read AR8

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dreambreaker17
I don't have problems with AR9 and AR10 but AR8 is too slow and I tend to jump to the next notes. I'm actually a 4* player and most of the maps are with AR8. Is there some sort of method to read AR8 easier? :?
vinnicci
ManuelOsuPlayer
Use AR circles to learn to play low AR. It's way easier to get into It.
D_Loomz
I'm a 4* player too and most of the maps are AR9 (like 80%+), play AR8 more and pay more attention to the rhythm.

EDIT: Low star HRDT explains AR8, I didn't pay attention
b3s1r
A good way to practice low AR is to play a map you know and lowering the AR either in the editor or in Mcosu (on steam). And you don't have to search for fun AR8 maps
Akanagi

Dreambreaker17 wrote:

I don't have problems with AR9 and AR10 but AR8 is too slow and I tend to jump to the next notes. I'm actually a 4* player and most of the maps are with AR8. Is there some sort of method to read AR8 easier? :?

The first thing you can do to stop yourself from "reading ahead" is concentrate on not moving on to the next note before the first one is hit, and not try to read stuff as "clusters".
Being able to read stuff as clusters comes naturally over time.

Another thing you can do to help accelerate learning the Approach Time is to edit your favourite / best maps to AR8 and play them again. Since you already know how they work and have the tapping rhythm and patterns somewhat memorized, the AR isn't too difficult anymore and it gives you the understanding of the AR sooner.

The common advice of listening to the beat isn't really too helpful on some maps. Some maps are overmapped, others are mapped with an awkward rhythm that doesn't really follow anything in the song.

However, if you have any 1/2 spam maps, those also work great to learn AR8 because basically everybody can reliably tap 1/2 beats, and this way you don't have to worry about pauses or 1/4 in the map.
UnnamedBeast
Play EZ NF on 3* maps to exhaustion

you'll never misread ar8 or lower ever again