forum

What's a good medium sized dog to get?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
I still want a furry friend, I just have a small space to live in. I was thinking of getting a Lab, as I've had good luck with them before.

I figured maybe a pit bull, cause those seem to be somewhat small (usually).

My dream dog is a husky, but my house is too small :(
Flicksi
Maybe a Spaniel or a Border Collie. As your dream dog is a husky a Siberian Huskey should be good however the female Siberian Huskies are a good size as males tend to be a bit bigger.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Flicksi wrote:

Maybe a Spaniel or a Border Collie. As your dream dog is a husky a Siberian Huskey should be good however the female Siberian Huskies are a good size as males tend to be a bit bigger.
I could maybe find a female siberian husky, I'll see
Railey2
before you can consider taking care of an animal, you should first be very certain that you can at least take care of yourself.
Everything else would be irresponsible. Animals are living beings, you can't just "take it back" if you mess up.
Flanster

Railey2 wrote:

before you can consider taking care of an animal, you should first be very certain that you can at least take care of yourself.
Everything else would be irresponsible. Animals are living beings, you can't just "take it back" if you mess up.

I can't have a pet even if I want to. I'm so afraid of neglecting because im lazy and forgetful.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Railey2 wrote:

umm.. my therapist recommended I gget a dog
strickluke

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

umm.. my therapist recommended I gget a dog
if you live in a hot or warm climate and do not have a LARGE backyard for the dog to run around in, do not get a husky.

huskies have been bred to run lonnng distances in very bitter cold. anything other than perfect conditions will be met with:

1.) difficulty acquiring dog
2.) torturous conditions for dog
Akanagi

Flanster wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

I can't have a pet even if I want to. I'm so afraid of neglecting because im lazy and forgetful.
Pets usually let you know if they're missing something. My cat always walked up to me and meowed endlessly when something was wrong. Then just go and check if they have everything. If they have water and food, check the litter box. Sometimes they manage to drop food in their water and want it removed, too.

Anyway, if pets lack something, they'll make sure to let you know, so I wouldn't worry too much about forgetting. Especially since you seem very worried about forgetting, I think you're the person who wouldn't be lazy about it.
I'd recommend a cat over a dog, though, since you don't have to take cats for a walk, so you can still be pretty lazy.
Flanster

Rayne wrote:

Pets usually let you know if they're missing something. My cat always walked up to me and meowed endlessly when something was wrong. Then just go and check if they have everything. If they have water and food, check the litter box. Sometimes they manage to drop food in their water and want it removed, too.

Anyway, if pets lack something, they'll make sure to let you know, so I wouldn't worry too much about forgetting. Especially since you seem very worried about forgetting, I think you're the person who wouldn't be lazy about it.
I'd recommend a cat over a dog, though, since you don't have to take cats for a walk, so you can still be pretty lazy.

I have considered getting a cat recently, still thinking about it.
Lyawi

Flanster wrote:

I have considered getting a cat recently, still thinking about it.

do it ♥
bobbathan
They're a little on the small side,but I had a pug growing up and I highly recommend one. They're adorable and have wonderful personalities. Mine was basically a four-legged angel. The only downsides are that they shed quite a bit of hair and don't do so well in warm climates.
Kirika
I would 100 percent recommend a Spaniel. Wonderful dogs.