forum

[resolved] Shaking notes - bug or feature?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pumbossable
osu!standart.
The "problem" is: if you try to hit the second note before hitting first - it'll shake and will be counted as miss, no matter how accurate you were. That's a REAL proplem in fast paced streams or high bpm jumps, because one single moment of hurry can ruin the whole play.
I did an experiment and tapped second note in 1/4 stream with 250 bpm at the moment, when first one had to be tapped. It shaked and missed as a result.
To be precise. Imagine you playing let's say 300 bpm jumps and missing one note. Happens with anyone. But then you going to the next note, BUT previous one wasn't hitted 'cuz you missed it AND next one won't be hitted as well because previous one didn't have time to completely dissapear on this speed.
Probably example with jumps isn't accurate enough but i guess everyone had described problem with streams, when one mistake leads to fail.
So the question is - should it be like this or not? If yes - are you sure? What''s the point of it? To fail 'cuz of one mistake? Well, sudden death works better.
modrei_DELETED
its called notelock and its intentional, yes
Topic Starter
Pumbossable

modrei wrote:

its called notelock and its intentional, yes

For what? Probably i'm stupid but i think the player should have a choice - activate this function or not.
Sandy Hoey
Since the notes are meant to be hit in order
DeletedUser_7354682
The feature is there because the notes are supposed to be hit in order. It's one of the core things of the gameplay, and is something that wouldn't be good for turning on/off as it could probably give someone an unfair advantage.
Topic Starter
Pumbossable
Though i'm still ready to discuss i won't do it. I got your points of view and anwers to my question. Thanks.
Sandy Hoey
I think that they were looking at the possibility of removing notelock in osu!lazer
Topic Starter
Pumbossable

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I think that they were looking at the possibility of removing notelock in osu!lazer

Good to hear! Guess i'm now looking forward to this update as never :D