forum

[resolved] How do you calculate the overall accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hindscythe
Example:

Player A has passed 4 ranked maps (and only these 4)

1) 100pp (weighted: 100%) acc: 98%
2) 100pp (weighted: 95%) acc: 100%
3) 100pp (weighted: 90.25%) acc: 95%
4) 100pp (weighted: 85.74%) acc: 90%

Which formula do I need to calculate the total acc? It's not identical to calculating the total pp because for the total accuracy you still need to divide by a certain number N. But N is not 4.
Sandy Hoey
Is it not just a weighted average based on the same weighted value as applied to the pp? That is always what I assumed that it was
Topic Starter
Hindscythe

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Is it not just a weighted average based on the same weighted value as applied to the pp? That is always what I assumed that it was

Lets multiply the acc values with the weighted values:

1) 98 (1*98)
2) 95 (0.95*100)
3) 85.7375 (0.9025*95)
4) 77.166 (0.8574*90)

The Sum of that is 355.9035
If you divide it by 4 the result is 88.97% and well.. its definitely not the right value.
Full Tablet
It's a weighted average, but the ratio of weights between consecutive plays is higher than 0.95 (I don't remember the exact value).

Also, for a weighted average of 4 scores, you don't divide by 4, but by 1+w+w^2+w^3 (where w is the ratio), which would be equal to 3.70987 for w=0.95
The_Loli_Hunter
What do you mean by total acc?

Wouldn't total accuracy either be what you already have?

Accuracy + Other Values Of Accuracy / # of beatmaps being calculated for (or all beatmaps).

Quiting/Failing mid-way in a song doesn't mess your accuracy from what I know.

For the Values Refer To This:

https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Performance_Points#Weightage_system
Sandy Hoey
Yeah, for a weighted average you don’t divide by n. You divide by the summation of the weights
Topic Starter
Hindscythe

Full Tablet wrote:

It's a weighted average, but the ratio of weights between consecutive plays is higher than 0.95 (I don't remember the exact value).

Also, for a weighted average of 4 scores, you don't divide by 4, but by 1+w+w^2+w^3 (where w is the ratio), which would be equal to 3.70987 for w=0.95

So the total acc of these 4 plays would be 95.93% .. seems alright.
Thanks man :)