forum

[Archived] Harsh Lag Upon Tabbing into osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xandy
Problem Details: Hey,
Whenever I tab into my osu! client, I get anywhere from 6-10 seconds of lag, as opposed to my prior 1-2 seconds. It's normal for it to give a little lag sometimes, but these freezes occur every time I tab into the client. I have restarted my PC, have all of my drivers updates, and know for a fact that this is not an issue of having hardware that isn't strong enough for osu. This issue only began to occur today when I opened the game up, as I did play osu yesterday and the day before and did not experience this issue. I'm willing to provide any information necessary.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://youtu.be/q4xufml17do the lag in this video is about 7 seconds, which seems to be average for this issue. I started the video at the exact moment that I opened my osu window. The black screen at the start shown on OBS actually displays a frozen screenshot of osu, similar to the frozen shot that displays right after the black screen disappears.

Thanks!

osu! version: 20180510.4 (latest)
Naphe
you might want to check your task manager if there are any heavy apps running in the background.
ryumin
Try enabling "Reduce Dropped Frames" in Settings > Graphics
CasualyDepresed
I'm having the same issue, and enabling "Reduce Dropped Frames" doesn't seem to do anything.
DokiPon
Same issue here. It has been happening since the last windows update for me.