forum

Speed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tacxam
i've gotten to the point where i've tried both alternating and singletapping styles, different hand positions (curled or extended fingers), changing the distance i lift my finger between key presses (to the point where my finger doesn't actually leave the surface of the key) and i've consistently been stuck with 240bpm+, can't go over it with singletaps and it feels too slow with alternating (also i suck with being consistent with alternating anyway), I also noticed that the larger or faster the jump the harder i hit my keyboard which doesn't help speed wise anyway. been trying for about a month to get over this "speedbump" and it doesn't seem to be working, similar case with osumania where i simply cannot understand how people can move so fast. interested to know if anyone else has had any issues with getting faster because it feels like some people may just be genetically gifted.
Realmas
Yeah, some people are just faster than others naturally. But anyway, if you want to improve your speed there's not much to do except practicing high BPM, if you're comfortable at 230 and want to do 250, that's just practice, like how you did to reach 200+, it will just take more time. If you want some 240+ BPM maps you can check Nyari's userpage.
gl
DXPOHIHIHI
And probably your keyboard is bad
ManuelOsuPlayer
My singletap speed it's probably my weakness due to i use second finger to help me when i don't reach the speed. I been playing a lot and trained it without positive results. The only 2 things that worked at my singletap speed improvment it's play DT short maps what i have skill to fc with high acc and easy really long ass slow marathons.
Try those.
Fast stuff seems not work to me due to stop tapping or just not being able to reach the speed.