forum

I should have never figured out what pp is.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asenne
The knowledge of pp has completely ruined my improvement on osu!. Instead of playing the game becouse its fun i try to farm pp using dt and in the process not improving at all
RidiculousBox
xd
aggabear
I get what you mean. It ruined the whole fun aspect of the game for me.

My advice would be to download maps with songs that you like, it helps me just enjoy playing it.

:/
DeletedUser_6869432
Yeah, that kinda sucks. I just hope more people see your post so they don't go down your path, people don't realize they are farming instead of getting better until it's too late.
Wishes
Maybe try playing offline for a while or taking a break. If you're not having fun and just farming for pp mindlessly then what's the point? :o
Farming pp is just frustrating and often not very fun. I rarely do it nowadays.
Piefayth
Important to keep in mind that pp will come naturally if you improve. Rather than trying a single map 100 times, go play all sorts of maps, then when you come back to that "pp" map it will be easier. Playing to improve IS playing for pp.
Nattsun
You guys make it sound that farming isn't a skill.
DXPOHIHIHI
Am I considered a pp farmer?
DeletedUser_6869432

Nattsun wrote:

Yeah playing CCBC 4 mod for 3 months takes a lot of skill.
Nattsun

kacper124 wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

Do it then. Show me your skills. Anyone here... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Barusamikosu

Nattsun wrote:

kacper124 wrote:

- e - v - b-

Nattsun wrote:

kacper124 wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

Sure, it’s kinda impressive considering it’s 4mod. But it’s a 30 second map that takes all of like 20 minutes to memorize, it’s as close to RNG as you can get in this game.
Nattsun

- e - v - b- wrote:

Sure, it’s kinda impressive considering it’s 4mod. But it’s a 30 second map that takes all of like 20 minutes to memorize, it’s as close to RNG as you can get in this game.
It still takes some sort of skill, doesn't it? 1-2 jumpspam takes skill as well, Monstrata triangles too, people should get that in their heads...
Funny enough that half of the players in here have the farmiest maps as top plays, and argue who is the biggest "farmer". Pointless, enjoy the gaem and appreciate every score and the skill required to do it.
- e - v - b-

Nattsun wrote:

- e - v - b- wrote:

It still takes some sort of skill, doesn't it? 1-2 jumpspam takes skill as well, Monstrata triangles too, people should get that in their heads...
Funny enough that half of the players in here have the farmiest maps as top plays, and argue who is the biggest "farmer". Pointless, enjoy the gaem and appreciate every score and the skill required to do it.

I’m not saying it doesn’t take skill, in fact I said the opposite. But you can’t deny, that when a play takes several months and thousands of attempts to set, there’s probably a bit more involved in it than just skill.

And on the note of cbcc 4mod, I’m pretty MBmasher even said it was mostly down to luck on the ending jumps.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Nattsun wrote:

- e - v - b- wrote:

Since PP system don't work, everybody have PP farm maps at topranks. Get a platinum S at low 5* stream maps or HDDTHR ar10'5 or fc old maps give me less PP than a simple 30 seconds DT 3* jump map. When you play everything, it's that stuff the one what goes on Top. Also get 93% acc at ranked 7*-8* maps give exactly 0PP if you don't hold long combos. So i guess a 5 mins new player it's better than me, since he got 8PP for that C on a 30 circles 2* map, more than me getting a 99% acc at freedom dive with 12 misses.