forum

Rank decrease after high pp play

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Crazy_Eight
Now when I say "high pp play", I'm not some Cookezi prodigy getting 700pp plays, but my highest ever play totalled 110pp (88% acc, A) and one I got recently gave me 105pp (95% acc, S), I assumed this would increase my rank since it was a high acc play and playing other maps worth fewer pp with a lower weighting has shown a large improvement in my rank.

instead, I lost about 100 places, not substantial, but It leaves me confused as to how rank is calculated off of pp and why my second highest ever play lost me rank?

I have read all of the pp wiki post and found nothing on it except "The best way to improve is to thus work at getting good scores on difficult maps" which I thought didn't make sense with what happened.

Any pointers as to where to go to find out or why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.
- Zuramaru -
Other people play the game too, so during the time you aren't setting scores, people pass you. So if you're unable to gain enough PP to offset the amount of people who passed you, you'll still lose ranks. You're also at a rank where everyone is really close in PP so it's easier for people to get ahead of you.
Topic Starter
Crazy_Eight
except for about 30 minutes after this, I made a less impressive play of 36pp (96% acc, S) which put me up by over 10,000 ranks, so again it doesn't make sense to me
- e - v - b-
Your rank displayed in game doesn't update until you submit a score.
Because of this, if you don't play the game for like a week and you set a new top play, you'll still probably lose ranks in game because it's updating to your actual rank.
Topic Starter
Crazy_Eight
I mean I play fairly consistently, almost daily, so I just can't see how my second best play ever didn't achieve enough pp for me to even maintain my rank, even though on other days I get a low acc B and go up anyway. Anyway thanks for the answers :D
Full Tablet
Sometimes, the pp calculation after a play is delayed, so the rank increase for your top play happened the following play instead of just after it.
Topic Starter
Crazy_Eight
the 2 plays I've talked about were fairly spread out over other maps I passed, and even then when I tested it, usually 1 playthrough of a map after I get a decent score will trigger the rank update