Emaal wrote:

there was a total of 100%
Err...?
Rena-chan

Shellghost wrote:

Emaal wrote:

Err...?
Could have been a total of 70% if they cut some of the test off !
UnderminE
I failed maths
Dafydd

LunaticMara wrote:

get drunk
YEEAAAH! :D
Topic Starter
maal

Shellghost wrote:

Emaal wrote:

Err...?
100% needed to get top grade, 50% needed to get lowest passing grade.
thelewa

UnderminE wrote:

I failed maths
I failed my native language

I suck at Finnish
kriers
I know only 1 word in Finnish: perkele
Shellghost
I know moi perkele.

I am a licensed Finnish translator.
Zerostarry
I failed math too
Mercurial
Math is for losers.
thelewa

iMercurial wrote:

Math is for losers.
I don't really know, I'm failing math and I still feel like a loser.

Maybe that's because I'm failing every other subject too
NoHitter
He meant "failing math is for losers".
thelewa

NoHItter wrote:

that makes sense
mm201
Drop the course
Mercurial

ragelewa wrote:

NoHItter wrote:

that makes sense
I never got a "F" in math.

Meh.
Mianki
I got a physics stipend (150€) on my graduation day in upper secondary school/high school even though I failed my final physics exam.

So there's hope.
silmarilen
i failed school
Topic Starter
maal

mm201 wrote:

Drop the course
This would not be possible in Denmark, since Physics is needed to go out of the school, and it's considered a "primary" subject. Really, no subjects can be dropped.
Cyclohexane
I feel your pain about mandatory subjects

try to compensate with other subjects you're better at and by all means don't give up
UnderminE

iMercurial wrote:

Meh.
I got FF.

I'm the greatest.

2+3=6
Teras
Oh physics, u so random
mathexpert
I failed a piano test once... the only thing you have to remember is to do better next time! When I fail it's usually even more motivation to prove that I can do it ^^
Rantai
Math is the best subject in the world. Probably biased due to being dux of maths

Visual art sucks though.

On topic: I'm not great at comforting but I can say the best thing to do is just memorise the formulas. That's what got me through physics.
Blacky

Mr Color wrote:

I feel your pain about mandatory subjects

try to compensate with other subjects you're better at and by all means don't give up
This.

And in addition: Physics is most of the time about memorizing formulas. Just get some of them together and try to learn and memorize some of the exercises you did at the test. So you're going to raise it at least to 50 % \:D/
Lizzehb
Studying is for people that's don't pay attention in class, and don't do homework. If you pay attention and do all your homework and you still fail, that's fucked up.
mathexpert

Lizzehb wrote:

Studying is for people that's don't pay attention in class, and don't do homework. If you pay attention and do all your homework and you still fail, that's fucked up.
Not true at all, especially if you have a shitty teacher and/or aren't a genius (at least for me).

That can minimize the amount of studying needed, though.
Cuddlebun

Lizzehb wrote:

That's...I don't even know what to say to that. The first part, I mean. Studying is for people who like to reinforce their knowledge.

Also I know physics is hard, but 5 out of 100? Really? What the hell have you been doing?
wolfn
I'm actually taking a Physics course as well. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't fail a test: I failed the first semester.

It has been making more sense since I started reading my textbook instead of listening to anything my teacher says though. So that's my advice to you: ignore everything your teacher says.
thelewa

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Not true at all, especially if you have a shitty teacher and/or aren't a genius (at least for me).

That can minimize the amount of studying needed, though.
Being a genius doesn't really matter in stuff that only requires people to memorize stuff, and geniuses don't always have that good of a memory either so being a genius and failing tests isn't all that new

conclusion: Everyone who's ever failed a test is a genius.
K a Y e

UnderminE wrote:

I failed maths
Same here! Just one time :P
Jarby

Cuddlebun wrote:

Lizzehb wrote:

That's...I don't even know what to say to that. The first part, I mean. Studying is for people who like to reinforce their knowledge.

Also I know physics is hard, but 5 out of 100? Really? What the hell have you been doing?
To be fair, some classes could easily provide enough suggested homework and repetition within class to allow a diligent student to pass without any strict studying at all. Hell, that's how it was for me up until 11th grade when we all have to put our serious face on, but I don't know how other countries' systems are managed.
UnderminE

Kaye Sonoko Suzuki wrote:

UnderminE wrote:

I failed maths
Same here! Just one time :P
I feel so bad now
hoihoisoi
Don't worry, it's just an exam. Just try to do better next time. Or burn your paper in class and scream fire the next time an exam begins.
FisHie_old
On 9th grade I was having difficulties with math, I was moved to the "special kids" study group.
Then I was kicked out, because according to the teacher I didn't need any special attention.
When it was time for the exam, I couldn't get any questions right and needless to say, I failed it.
I asked if I could try again tomorrow, then I memorized the first question and eventually I passed. (Y)
brool story co
Cuddlebun

Jarby wrote:

To be fair, some classes could easily provide enough suggested homework and repetition within class to allow a diligent student to pass without any strict studying at all. Hell, that's how it was for me up until 11th grade when we all have to put our serious face on, but I don't know how other countries' systems are managed.
Well, yeah obviously some classes don't require studying. I'm referring to studying in general, or rather studying as a principle. For any class, studying is for people who like to reinforce their knowledge. Some classes don't require as much studying, but I've seen more obsessive classmates study religiously in the easiest classes because they are so paranoid they'll mess up.
Larto
When I failed my physics exam (9/15 is failing in my book), my avatar came to being. You know what to do.
M i l o t i c

UnderminE wrote:

iMercurial wrote:

Meh.
I got FF.

I'm the greatest.

2+3=6
you will get a silver SS when you able to do 1+1
also i got a G for geography before. G for geography.

Blacky wrote:

And in addition: Physics is most of the time about memorizing formulas. Just get some of them together and try to learn and memorize some of the exercises you did at the test. So you're going to raise it at least to 50 % \:D/
i got a formulas sheet to help me when i donig my physics exam
S i c K_old
Ugh! That sucks 8-) But you shouldn't give up!
Lilac
Should I just give up Physics now then?
ouranhshc
I had a 102 in Physics
show more