forum

Samples matchup playtrack only applied with nightcore mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
realy0_
when i'm playing a keysounded map with nightcore which is a cool mod, the instruments in the hitsound sound really wrong because of the pitch up of the music which is kinda depressive
this thing in the editor needs some modifications :

when you activate this, if i'm playing a keysounded map with nightcore again, it doesn't fit really wrong because the samples are pitch up too but it increases/decreases the pitch with the double time/half time mod. Thoses mods doesn't pitch up/down the music making the samples sounding wrong too but everyone keeps playing with dt or sometimes ht so no-ones use this feature anymore.

i would request that when you check this option in the editor, only the nightcore mod is affected by this feature and not all the time changer mods
Full Tablet
The algorithm used to change the playback speed of HT and DT makes short transient sounds (like most hitsounds used for percussion instruments) sound distorted. Changing the pitch preserves the original sound better in that case.

It would be better if the pitch-preserving algorithm was used for hitsounds for tonal instruments (like piano), while the pitch-changing algorithm was used for percussion sounds.