forum

Searching for a new mechanical keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
R E I K A R I
So my keyboard is slowly dying and im really disappointed with some brands. I have owned multiple mechanical high end keyboards like the Loogitech G910 Orion Spark (using it right now), Roccat isku fx, Roccat Ryos MK, Razer Black Widow and so on. FYI i had all this keyboards in the last 5 years and every single one of them had problems after 9-10 months (chattering keys).

I take good care of my stuff because most of it is expensive AF. And honestly the keys couldn't be that worn out after that time. Most keyboards promise 50 Mil keystrokes - lets say i used them 10 months before getting trouble with the keys,

50M : ~300 days =166.666,66 strokes every single day. Thats just not happening.

Anyways im searching for a new good mechanical keyboard (should be available in Germany) that is as cheap as possible. I don't want trash but i don't want to spend 100-150€ every 10 months just because the high end stuff can't hold their promises.

Hopefully you guys can help me out-/give me some advise ^^

Cheers
Implojin
If your switches are developing chatter, it'd make sense to try different switches, no?

Maybe try optical switches so there's no leaf contacts to chatter in the first place?

Either that, or use a small keypad with easily-swapped switches so you can just buy 100 or so from aliexpress, swap the switches out when they start to chatter, and you'd be good for years.
Topic Starter
R E I K A R I

Implojin wrote:

If your switches are developing chatter, it'd make sense to try different switches, no?

Maybe try optical switches so there's no leaf contacts to chatter in the first place?

Either that, or use a small keypad with easily-swapped switches so you can just buy 100 or so from aliexpress, swap the switches out when they start to chatter, and you'd be good for years.

I cant just change the switches because my logitech has Romer G switches, extremely expensive and i would need replacement for atleast 10 keys. 2 of those are around 7€
Ninonuko
I have been using the same keys on my ducky zero for 4 years and both keys still working properly, also no dead led yet lol.
I've also owned filco majestouch 2 for 2 years and played on it with the same keys and both keys still working properly, it's way more robust than ducky zero but I don't recommend buying this kb if you don't want to spend as much since the price is like 3x ducky zero.
Topic Starter
R E I K A R I
I just need an alternativ cheap mechanical keyboard. I´ve used the most popular brands (i think) spent alot of money on the keyboards but they were a disappointment. So now im looking for cheaper keyboards, maybe there are some underdogs out there and some of you guys can recommend something
Rynnavinx

R E I K A R I wrote:

I have owned multiple mechanical high end keyboards like the Loogitech G910 Orion Spark (using it right now), Roccat isku fx, Roccat Ryos MK, Razer Black Widow and so on

R E I K A R I wrote:

high end
lol