forum

Need Advice :/

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RevolutionX
So I have been playing osu alot recently, some days I play for several hours and somedays only a hour but I try to play everyday to make sure I improve. There is one problem though and that is that I doubt myself with Everything I'm doing, I use tablet and a usb keyboard as my laptop keyboard is broke and I had the setup since the start but Now I seem to feel uncomfortable in this position and I am struggling on deciding to either use 1 or 2 fingers to tap. When I am playing beatmaps I tend to exit after getting 1 or two x's or breaking my combo as I feel like there is no point contuining as I would probally get a bad score. I don't know what it is with me, I love this game but maybe Im expecting too much of myself, I mean I want become a good player but everybody does really And Im prepared to play alot as i know it cant happen over a month or two of playing. I can Pretty much do most 3* and some 4* maps but I dont know If i will ever progress any further as I get too nervous on 5* maps. I dont expect anyone to respond to this as this is a long post but If you do I will really take it into consideration and If u do, thank you.

p.s: I don't play osu to impress anyone or anything like that. I don't think im amazing and in fact I actually am very unconfident. maybe thats due to me only being 14? I just want to enjoy this game while progressing aswell. but I dont seem to be progressing
Implojin
It sounds like you're playing for score or pp instead of playing to have fun

Pls enjoy game
Shoy

JustOsuM8 wrote:

but I dont seem to be progressing

Umu.

You're saying you're maybe expecting too much of yourself. You have spent 18h in osu!std.
The real question is : With this amount of time, what are you really expecting ?

If you want my opinion :

- Don't leave or retry your current play. You'll submit a bad score if you keep going ? Yes, maybe, and ? Shit happens. Go ahead if you wanna improve.

- Go down in the StarRating of the maps you're playing. "I can pretty much do must 3*". Sorry to tell you, actually, no, you can't. You can maybe pass with +/-90% acc most of 3* maps, you'll maybe get more one map out of ten 'cause SR isn't a perfect science, but you can't really play it. There's no shame about that. Get some basics in 2*, you have a lot to learn over there.

- Don't think about 5* actually. You can spend at least 100 more hours into the game before being able to start thinking about that (and by 100h, I'm pretty nice, lot of people can't really play 5* after 118h, me first).

- Play to get fun, this is probably the most important. There's no point in looking only your score and tryhard a 40 or 50pp play when you'll be able to submit tons of better plays later on.

Conclusion : Be patient, allow you some time to improve, and enjoy the game.
VinZentVanDough

Implojin wrote:

Pls enjoy game

This. Just play for fun and you'll get better. I also recommend watching/reading guides on how to play osu!
dung eater
Learn to use 2 fingers to alternate streams. If make mistake, try not to make mistake.
Topic Starter
RevolutionX
Thank you for being straight up with me Shoy, i will do everything you said, and i will relax on tryna play maps that are harder then I can handle.