forum

Playability: Double or Nothing Russian Roulette Song.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
RogueHiyru
So for the experts looking for some thing new, why not a feature, where if say you get an A or S on some song, osu asks "care to double/triple your points if you ace a random song with random mods?" is that possible (yes i jacked this idea froma certain Arrow based game) the rules are simple.

you ace/FC a song say on normal: you agree and osu pulls up another random normal (or hard or ultimate, depending on what rank your song was in the first place) song with random hard mods. if you pass, you get double/triple points. if not, you loose all points, including the ones from the song you FC'ed. if anything why not make this feature a MOD itself, you turn it on and if you FC it goes into "Extra Osu Song!" mode

i hope this makes some kind of sense to someone :x
Saturos
No. <3
Topic Starter
RogueHiyru

Saturos wrote:

No. <3
why not. can you give me a legit reason as to your answer? ^^
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Saturos

RogueHiyru wrote:

Saturos wrote:

No. <3
why not. can you give me a legit reason as to your answer? ^^
Points.
Topic Starter
RogueHiyru

YoshiKart wrote:

Well, it makes sense, but it doesn't really go well with calculating your total ranked score. It's like having a random ranked score coming from nowhere. And how would the scoreboard handle these?

I respect your effort, but... :P
ok then, then how about on your profile statistics page it shows how man RR's you did and how many points ya got? maybe make another score board for the songs saying these people did RR on this? might take a bit of planning, but it would add excitement in the future.
Sinistro
I believe double or nothing gambits make sense if the odds are the same every time you gamble. However, there are some factors that make this impossible:

1. The difficulty range of maps is extremely diverse even within the same difficulty, not to mention that people have maps they are better on than others (familiarity with the song/map being one of many reasons).

2. Good players risk far less, since they are much more likely to pass the challenge. Conversely, someone who has struggled his way to an A or an S or whatever your RR trigger is is much more likely to lose everything if they choose to gamble.

Therefore, this suggestion a) means winning or losing big depending hugely on luck and b) biased in the favour of high ranking players. All this sounds as if it could really unbalance gameplay. As a result I consider the idea fundamentally flawed, i.e. it doesn't work in osu!.
Topic Starter
RogueHiyru

Sinistro wrote:

I believe double or nothing gambits make sense if the odds are the same every time you gamble. However, there are some factors that make this impossible:

1. The difficulty range of maps is extremely diverse even within the same difficulty, not to mention that people have maps they are better on than others (familiarity with the song/map being one of many reasons).

2. Good players risk far less, since they are much more likely to pass the challenge. Conversely, someone who has struggled his way to an A or an S or whatever your RR trigger is is much more likely to lose everything if they choose to gamble.

Therefore, this suggestion a) means winning or losing big depending hugely on luck and b) biased in the favour of high ranking players. All this sounds as if it could really unbalance gameplay. As a result I consider the idea fundamentally flawed, i.e. it doesn't work in osu!.
are you sure thou? with random mods i've seen even some vets fail on x2 or flashlight.
Zerostarry
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
RogueHiyru
ok how about this. not random modes but... either choose flashlight, SD or x2? without knowing what the song would be first?
Echo
Flashlight will be chosen if the song isn't well known, SD if the song is known and DT will never be chosen.

I don't think it'll work to make a fair game either.

edit: actually I would choose flashlight if I knew the song instead of sd...
Topic Starter
RogueHiyru
Echo
then no one can pass

dt = suicide
so you have to choose flashlight+sd, and the only people who can pass flashlight are the ones who know the songs well enough, in other words, the top players.
Topic Starter
RogueHiyru

Echo wrote:

then no one can pass

dt = suicide
so you have to choose flashlight+sd, and the only people who can pass flashlight are the ones who know the songs well enough, in other words, the top players.
tsk. ok i cannot think of a way out of this one. i submit ._.

wait why not add all hard mods? like hidden and such? and they still have to pick 2?

Echo
The easiest mods will still be picked. Who would choose harder mods?

For me, I'll probably pick a combination of hardrock/hidden/sd, depending on how well i know the map.
Topic Starter
RogueHiyru

Echo wrote:

The easiest mods will still be picked. Who would choose harder mods?

For me, I'll probably pick a combination of hardrock/hidden/sd, depending on how well i know the map.
what if...your number rank decided what mods you would be allowed to pick?
Echo
Then I'll make sure I'm under the threshold rank ;P

Topic Starter
RogueHiyru

Echo wrote:

Then I'll make sure I'm under the threshold rank ;P
thats kind of hard unless you created a new account,

rank 15,000 or above, 1 any hard mod
rank 15k to 10k: 1 forced random Mod
rank 10k to 7k : 2 any hard mods
and this goes on, the top 100 would have to have 2 forced hard mod, being hard rock or flash light, etc.

to up the chances, let says you only get the bonus points if you get letter graqde "?" or higher?

Echo
I'd rather not take my chances then. Chance of passing a hard/insane map with 2 random hard mods is <0.00000001% unless I know the song, and even then I'd rather not.

Would anyone actually want to risk their hard-earned S for extra points that you're probably not going to get anyway?

ash
Topic Starter
RogueHiyru
Zerostarry

ThePassingShadow
Ew...
Topic Starter
RogueHiyru
Right so i guess the community is not so up to the idea. i admit defeat, go ahead and lock~