forum

PP for sliders?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
T3rza
I'm sure many people have noticed that sliders are heavily underweighted in the pp system. I was thinking about how to fix it for a while. Then I thought about a relativey easy to implement solution.
You add the particular solution of this (I might write that in the thread later) to the strain at the time of the end of the slider:
dy/dt=(ln(0.15))/1000 y+26.25*d/dt(((SV*(multiplier)*100*BPM))/(60000*T_elapsed )(t-t_start)(H(t-t_start )-H(t-t_end))

It's actually pretty easy to find (but a pain to type)

Key:
y is the aim strain
H is Heaviside function
t_start is the time of the start of the slider
t_end is the time of the end of the slider
T_elapsed is the total amount of time the slider is pressed (t_end-t_start)
SV is slider velocity
26.25 is the scaling
multiplier is the multiplier of the SV within the map (the one that you change with timing points and the like)
The rest if pretty self explanatory

This is similar to the one that Tom94 uses, except I changed the input function to be SV*time instead of just distance. I changed the power 0.99 to 1 for this because it makes negligible difference and it makes the equation MUCH easier.

It would be something like this (it wouldn't look like this, I'm just showing how it would work):
decay_slideraim = pow(decay_base[1], T_elapsed / 1000.0);
strains[1] = prev.strains[1] * decay_slideraim + res;

where res would be the particular solution of the equation mentioned above (I don't wanna type it)

For most maps, this would not change that much, but for those with fast sliders, it will give a little bit of a boost.
Here is the desmos for the equation. Hopefully this clears things up: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/gg3yu6g8tn