forum

How do I do insane maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aeirth
I can pretty much say with confidence that I can do hard maps, however, after 4.01 I just choke. I have done some insane maps but nothing insane(Why, do I do this to myself). Fun fact about myself I can't do easy or normal maps for shit. I've been trying jump maps and trying out some stream maps. I just feel frustrated I can't do insane maps even though I find them so much more fun than Hard maps. Honestly, I would just want someone to help recommend me some maps to get better. I can't hold combos or do streams but I feel semi-confident in my jumps. (BTW I'm a mouse player, soon to be a tablet... damn amazon free shipping) :3 thanks for the help in advance
SpasticSurgeon

Aeirth wrote:

I can pretty much say with confidence that I can do hard maps, however, after 4.01 I just choke. I have done some insane maps but nothing insane(Why, do I do this to myself). Fun fact about myself I can't do easy or normal maps for shit. I've been trying jump maps and trying out some stream maps. I just feel frustrated I can't do insane maps even though I find them so much more fun than Hard maps. Honestly, I would just want someone to help recommend me some maps to get better. I can't hold combos or do streams but I feel semi-confident in my jumps. (BTW I'm a mouse player, soon to be a tablet... damn amazon free shipping) :3 thanks for the help in advance

I never really paid much attention to if it was normal or insane I just looked at the star Count. When I was basically in your position I played a lot of 3.2-3.8 maps which I could mostly do. Honestly though I probably played them for too long and could have played harder songs sooner.

I would try and play 3.5-4.0 songs, and mix in some harder 4.0+ and try to pay attention to why you miss. If it's reading, aim,timing, speed, etc. there will usually be something you can identify that you need to improve, and then play it a couple times and put it in a collection called "unpassed" and return in a few days and play through everything in that collection.

Rinse repeat and bump up the difficulty often. It can feel good to get good acc on songs you used to not be able to play, but don't get stuck in that for too long especially early on. I think it's good to play maps that are too hard and you fail on as long as you pay attention to why you fail and try to improve those aspects going forward.

Good luck have fun
Wishes
I feel that 3 star maps are generally much different than 4 star maps. 3 star maps are very flowy, require puny amounts of aim, and are easy to read. So you won't get much benefit doing them if you already can.

If you want to get into 4 star maps and beyond you have to do more of them. I remember I grinded for something like a month doing nothing but 4 to 4.5 star maps back then. It's a difficult transition. Good luck!
pandaBee
have you tried gittin gud?