forum

Need going from left click only mouse to z/x

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DozRH
I'm totally offbeat in trying to do this. Two main issues:

1. I use a Das Professional S Keyboard (Cherry MX Brown switches) and the keystroke is so much longer than a mouse click that I feel terribly offbeat having to begin the keystroke well before the note hits.

2. Clicking has become a mental "stop here" point that I feel has helped my accuracy. Helps me stop on the button rather than gliding over it to the next.

I've started using z/x only on streams because it's so easy, but everything else is fail all around.

Also, does it matter much that I've never FC'd any map that isn't on above a "normal" difficulty rating? Do I have bigger issues, that being the case?
Neruell
As I said in an other thread => Practice
Soaprman
^ Exactly this. You are effectively starting from square one with a new control scheme. You won't be at your old level from the beginning. Just keep at it, though, and you'll be there soon enough!
Matty
Just keep at it. Switching from mouse clicks to keyboard can feel a bit odd at first but you should get used to it. Also, keep playing maps above your skill level.
Brainlag
I also tried switching to x/z and got the same problems like you. So now I use left click + x and it works way better for me.
Xaffy
I had the same problems when switching, got over it after a while and much improved since, just keep practicing and don't give up.
Sakisan
I still only use z/x for streams and left click only for everything else, I feel like I'll be able to do anything up to regular insanes. Still working my way there though, but hards aren't a real problem anymore.