forum

Pop'N Music Mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
gamerrox
I once again venture into the Requests section of the forum.
I would love to see a Pop'N Music mod integrated into osu!(.) It's possible, but the main concern is if it's possible to automatically make maps playable on Pop'N Music mod. (Doubt it) If not, I'm pretty sure there are people who would be willing enough to make Pop'N Music maps.
YoshiKart
May I ask what the heck is Pop'N Music?
An64fan
You've caught my interest, however...

Please define/describe this "Pop'N Music" mod you'd like to see.
Topic Starter
gamerrox
Similar to Pop'N Music, you would have nine different notes. Similar to Beatmania, you must tap these buttons to the sound of the music. However, it would be difficult to have an "auto-mapper" due to having five notes compared to Taiko's two/three notes. Although like I said previously, we could develop a large Pop'N Music community and quite possibly attract more players to osu! However, this would mean that more keys need to be included into the game in addition to Z, X, C, and V.

The layout I can see is...
_S _ D _F _ G
Z_ X _ C_ V _ B

Example of Pop'N Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPwt_LqW6Wo

To sum things up, more complicated than Taiko, more simpler than Beatmania.
Elyk_old
I don't see how you could achieve this without making maps specifically for the mod.

An64fan
Hell no.

Z, X, C, V, Space, M, ,, ., /

Or some variation of that.

This looks like Guitar Hero, but a lot harder.

To be honest, I don't see something like this happening without a ton of option fixes. Not only that, it'd be restricted to mou-... Wait, come to think of it, Taiko's kinda restricted to those with a mouse and keyboard too, isn't it?

And indeed, it'd have to have maps specifically for it. You know, there aren't enough sounds, right? Normal, whistle, finish, clap... That's all. And this'd end up requiring a bunch of additions to Options... I don't really see this happening. Though it's a cool idea.
flyboy87
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
fruit mode sure has made me rethink exactly what is possible when it comes to converting osu! to a multi-button-based gameplay style. the only problem is most of the time they use pitch/scales in the button presses which will be lost in the osu! conversion (although i'm sure some of you will have noticed i use the Y axis for pitch modulation in my maps :P).
xerxes_oli
hey this is like my guitar herosu mode!!!!
peppy does that mean guitar herosu can be possible now?
LuigiHann
In all seriousness, I think that trying to emulate a specific one of these games would be pointless, and it'd be extra pointless to try to replicate several of them, but I would be in favor of some sort of all-encompassing "Bemani-style" mode which is played in the same way as those games, by tapping keys on the keyboard when the falling beats reach a target.
adamskii_uk
How about an Ontamarama game mode for Osu?

It would be the next logical step up from playing Osu! and the Taiko game modes, since we would be using both of these skills simultaneously. Plus, a large percentage of the code for an Ontamarama game mode is already done, it would just require some modification to make this game mode work .

The hit circles could be replaced with Ontamarama, a lasso tool would be added to allow the selection of multiple Ontamarama, and the taiko bar would be added to the top of the screen and replaced with scrolling arrows. Also, the Ontamarama game characters would fit the overall feel of Osu! nicely, since they are all young and cute looking.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dOqNKqsNQQY

peppy

LuigiHann wrote:

In all seriousness, I think that trying to emulate a specific one of these games would be pointless, and it'd be extra pointless to try to replicate several of them, but I would be in favor of some sort of all-encompassing "Bemani-style" mode which is played in the same way as those games, by tapping keys on the keyboard when the falling beats reach a target.
^ generic beatmania would be my preference.
Jeffro
Maybe something like O2Jam or stepmania like would be nice, This would just require modifying taiko mode and make it for 4 buttons. You can attract a lot of stepmania keyboard people here :)
Echo

Jeffro wrote:

Maybe something like O2Jam or stepmania like would be nice, This would just require modifying taiko mode and make it for 4 buttons. You can attract a lot of stepmania keyboard people here :)
We've been through that a million times already :/
Jeffro
So? I am still suggesting it :)
Echo
And the answer is no.
yoyoman18
here pop'n music skin from someone t/128242 you want?
Bara-
Why did you bump an old thread for no real reason?
Please don't bump old thread which are in the "Completed" subforum