forum

[Archived] Cursor goes crazy!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Elit3noob
Recently I haven't been playing a lot of osu!, because of a new Logitech MX518 mouse I brought a month or so ago. Since then, the gaming was much more great, except when I am playing osu!. Whenever I hold the left/right button down on sliders or simply mouse the cursor, the cursor spins everywhere. Then I tried re-plugging the mouse, and still, it didn't work. I then tried blowing connecting end, and it still wouldn't work. Is there anyway to fix this so that I can play this awesome music beat game again?! :(
Winshley
Do you install the software for that mouse? If so, try playing around with the settings available there.

What kind of cursor movements do you get? Just attach a replay data of any beatmap will do.
Topic Starter
Elit3noob

Winshley wrote:

Do you install the software for that mouse? If so, try playing around with the settings available there.

What kind of cursor movements do you get? Just attach a replay data of any beatmap will do.
There is a software with this high-performance mouse, and I did play around with it. But the cursor still goes crazy when I play osu!
Here's a replay: Download: Elit3noob - Hatsune Miku - COSMOS [Easy] (2012-01-17) Osu.osr
Winshley
When you had the cursor going crazy, do you have the software installed or not? If it goes crazy when playing with the software installed, try uninstalling it. If you play using your mouse under generic Windows mouse driver, then it could be something else.

I would try using a generic USB mouse to find where the problem lies. If it does went crazy when playing on the generic mouse, something is messing up osu! game; but if it doesn't, something is messing up your mouse driver.
Topic Starter
Elit3noob
I uninstalled the program, tried it, and it still wouldn't operate normally. But with mouse precision off, and windowed mode it works! well almost all the time, but at least it will rarely occur from time to time. Thanks for helping :)