forum

Need advice to fall asleep tonight!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SpasticSurgeon
I have trouble sleeping a lot of the time and this is one of those times. Last night I basically lied in bed all night awake because I had a little bit of caffeine at noon (I think my body might be shit at metabolizing it or something). Today though, there is no caffeine in my system and I am EXHAUSTED but I am trying to make it to like 10 or 11 and then fall asleep (currently about 6). I have to find away to fall asleep. Logic would say that since I am exhausted and my normal sleep time is around midnight it shouldn't be a problem, but I can tell my body is in this mood where even though I am tired it is hard to fall asleep (I know because I've tried to nap several times today).

Another thing to note is that I have hypothyroidism and it's sort of untreated at the moment because I'm between health insurances due to my dad's mixup. If you don't know what that is, it basically means my hormones (including sleep hormones) are messed up because my thyroid is a slow boi.

Anyway, if anyone knows ways to relax that would be good. And don't say osu! because the way I play I focus super hard and it wires my brain up to 11. Reading is out of the question because I don't have any good novels to read (unless you can suggest a manga I can find online for free). My plan right now is to turn on all my blue light filters, clean my room, take a nice hot shower before bed and watch Gintama for the rest of the day. Any other tips would be appreciated.

Thx

And if anyone asks, I doubt osu! is helping with this problem. As I said it is incredibly stimulating (at least for me).
DXPOHIHIHI
ASMR
Luqanted
watch any vid at youtube and eventually you'll fall asleep
himiken
Try counting backwards from 100. Then once you reach 1, count upwards. Repeat. This is what I mostly do to fall asleep during sleepless nights.
Amaineko
i counted till 1000 once
didnt helped

u can try drink the flower tea
https://img00.deviantart.net/4dc6/i/201 ... 5aj9lp.jpg

2nd really good option is do sports,exhaust ur self physically during day
Pixle-Overide
I have issues sleeping too, few suggestions is one make it as dark as you can in your room. Any light and the body has trouble considering it sleep time. Another thing that helps me is searching "Rain sounds for sleeping" on youtube and putting it on, not to loud but not to quiet. Also reading helps make your eyes heavy. Computer is terrible though so avoid it or it will keep you awake all night xD. Hot milk helps some ppl. Sure there is an idea or two I am forgetting but the first two I recommend trying.
Pokestar
Just take a few deep breaths and relax. Try not to get stressed out if you can't fall asleep immediately. Sorry I can't offer much advice but I hope you get a good nights rest!
Topic Starter
SpasticSurgeon
I like how everyone responded only the day after I fell asleep! But no worries... I figured it out that night that having a really cool comforter is important to my sleep. (I also took 2 benadryl :P).

Thanks so much for the responses though. I'll return to this thread in the future.
jacksonisiah
I have this issue.

i try not to drink caffeine but if i don't i get a massive headache.

taking pills is a bad option for me. sometimes they make me sick and dizzy.

getting less rest lately because of oncoming stress all the time.
Shohei Ohtani
Have you tried just being insanely fucking busy lmfao.

Like essentially every day I'm working from about 8 AM to 9-10 PM with very few breaks, so I definitely crave sleep when I get home lol
Topic Starter
SpasticSurgeon

CDFA wrote:

Have you tried just being insanely fucking busy lmfao.

Like essentially every day I'm working from about 8 AM to 9-10 PM with very few breaks, so I definitely crave sleep when I get home lol

That worked when I was in highschool and I did marching band. The problem is when I get home from work I play osu! And it wires me up.

However if I was super busy it would be that way. Soon I am starting school again and going to be holding a 20+ hour per week job so with osu! And some writing on the side I'll be super busy!
Comfy Slippers
Sleeping difficulties are often stress related. Therefore, you may wanna look at what is going on in your life that's giving you stress and see if you can do something about that. If it starts heavily influencing your daily life, then you should definitely visit a therapist.