forum

Tablet Purchase Guide for osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zuero
i have a genius mousepen 8x6, but i lost the pen so i cant use it

plan on getting a bamboo pen ctl-460 mostly for drawing, but i could try osu with it, and i found one for $38 :D
Frc
Then, the recommended choose for a tablet for playing osu! is the cheapest you can take? (of Wacom)
Riisho
Thanks for the tips!
TakuMii
Hey, I'm looking to replace my good ol' Bamboo Capture CTH-470 with something with a smaller footprint on my desk, and I noticed that the Bamboo Pad CTH-300 actually has drivers now (as of August). Does anyone own this tablet, and do the drivers give you the same flexibility as its bigger brothers? Thanks in advance.
RivenDaddy
More post plz. They are good thx for the tablet purchase guide
Infevo
I am still new to the game but I have plenty of mouse experience since I played all kinds of games with mouse my whole life. =]
Now I got a CTL480 a week ago. I felt really weird at first and I had trouble using it properly. But even though having had it for only 6 days now I am already better in terms of accuracy and speed. It gave me all the benefits I was hoping for.

-Hovering without any physical resistance creates a more reliable cursor movement
-Pen is lighter than my mouse so movement in general are comming out more instant
-Sweaty hands don't create an issue for me anymore since I don't have the interruption of a fluid motion on the mousepad anymore
-Pin point locating circles which was not always as easy with the mouse due to relative cursor movement
-Spinners are much easier and more fun with a pen.

I love it and won't ever go back.
Oni_old_1
Time to buy a tablet! :D
Aesthetic Goose
Is anyone using Wacom Bamboo Light? Is it worth the price?
BYEBYEosuRIP
What is the best tablet in term of reactivity ? I'm currently using the bamboo pen et the input lag is really huge...
leokiko
Is it possible to play on a tablet with one hand? My right hand is screwed up and I've been playing with the mouse so far.
GSG95

BYEBYEosuRIP wrote:

What is the best tablet in term of reactivity ? I'm currently using the bamboo pen et the input lag is really huge...

Just get the shiniest one you find.
casmith789
I want to buy an osu! tablet. Is there anywhere I can get one?

Store has been down for months and it always says "check back soon"
- Decim -
What are your opinion on the huion tablets that are around 30$ on amazon?Are they worth to buy ?
Gumpy

xDarkCryx wrote:

What are your opinion on the huion tablets that are around 30$ on amazon?Are they worth to buy ?
Yes it's worth it if it's just for osu
japanese maid
z
L Hime
Anyone has thoughts on the Viko pen tablet? I'm using it at the moment but since I have no experience with other tablets I don't really know.
japanese maid
z
legit2207

Lesjuh wrote:

Great guide! I wouldn't recommend buying a tablet just for osu! since it doesn't make alotta difference when you practice enough, and it's expensive. I'd say don't give up on mousing too early and don't be fooled by statements as "all good players are tablet players".

Ofcourse if you're very dedicated to the game, wouldn't mind missing some money and would like to try tabletting, by all means do get one \o/
Thats not true cuz i went from mouse to tablet and boy what a difference it also helped jus geting better at the game in generald b4 i couldnt even play hard songs with mouse now i do and insane on tablet
KFC Delivery
Is it worth it? D;
Yuudachi-kun
Tablets are completely worth it.
Seiga
I have an Intuos Pro Medium SE which I use with Photoshop.
Would it be overkill to use such a tablet for osu! ?
Gumpy

Somnio wrote:

If you have it already then no.
Seiga

Gumpyyy wrote:

Somnio wrote:

If you have it already then no.
Ye.
Let's hope using it wireless doesn't cause noticble input lag.
juha1523
Is big drawing tablet good choice for osu!? and i have some very cheap "Trust" drawing tablet but "aiming" to sliders and circles is so hard. i will buy large drawing tablet because then i have some space to there Oh s*it situtations xD But i ask your own experiences because i am pretty new in this game ;).
woqx

juha1523 wrote:

Is big drawing tablet good choice for osu!?
If you're getting it only to play osu! then buying anything bigger than the smallest size is a waste of money imo.
Tewi
Would you guys recommend the osu tablet, i want a tablet and the osu tablet it's cheaper than buying one in my country even with the taxes for the export.
The thing i want to know is, it's really a good tablet? also, can i use to draw, or just for osu?
(Sorry for bad english)
MiDNiGhT2903

Kuro71 wrote:

Would you guys recommend the osu tablet, i want a tablet and the osu tablet it's cheaper than buying one in my country even with the taxes for the export.
The thing i want to know is, it's really a good tablet? also, can i use to draw, or just for osu?
(Sorry for bad english)
You can use it for anything you want.
It's good enough for osu!

BTW, anyone have any recommendations on pen nibs?
Mine is starting to run out.
(Plz don't say hover. I have other work to do. My local shops don't sell any pen nibs....)
KokoaCrunch
Midnight in my opinion i think it depends what do u use the tablet for most of the time, for me i do drawing a lot so i prefer the nib with a rubber at the tip, gives u more feel to it :P . Or you can just take out the pen nib and play osu without it, it still works fine though.

P.S im a newbie here so dont judge me :3
ZenithPhantasm
Tfw there's no mouse purchase guide :(
JpdRpG
Is it better or worse to have a larger active area? I have a bamboo large and an intuos sml, naturally I use the larger pad but it does mean you have to move more to get from one place to another.
ZenithPhantasm

JpdRpG wrote:

Is it better or worse to have a larger active area? I have a bamboo large and an intuos sml, naturally I use the larger pad but it does mean you have to move more to get from one place to another.
This is subjective and depends on the player. My advice is to use the biggest area you can while still be able to reach all 4 corners of your area.
Deterioration
don't buy a tablet
otoed1

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Heres my guide:
If you're a lefty your screwed, otherwise join the proteus core masterace and purchase a lg502.

Additionally:

Underscore_ wrote:

don't buy a tablet
JpdRpG
I wouldn't buy a tablet just for osu but it's definitely nice to have.
willone2
I Would get an Intuos, just because they're cheap compared to others and work really well :D
Jibrils

otoed1 wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Heres my guide:
If you're a lefty your screwed, otherwise join the proteus core masterace and purchase a lg502.

Additionally:

Underscore_ wrote:

don't buy a tablet
Mate, I'm a lefty ;3. Play with my mouse in my right hand. When I get a tablet. the pen will be in my right hand aswell :)
Virgo
irasfirasf
i think that guide is hard, so ... i use any touchscreen device for osu ;_; >:(
_Friel_
I Need New pen for my tab ... i mean the tab is fine its like perfect but the pen thus fell of my table and it wont work !! can i like but only the pen ?? PPY pls reply :v
chore_gore
okay, this hardddd ><
show more